Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Question about iphone..

Last response: in Cell Phones & Smartphones
June 29, 2010 2:58:26 AM

Hi,
if i buy a iphone through ebay which is locked on att network, can i use it on my normal att sim card that i have without the data plan ?? because i dont want the data plan , if i want to use the internet i can use the wifi.. ???

More about : question iphone

June 29, 2010 3:17:09 AM

It's possible. But I'm not sure if the basic functions of the phone will work properly without the data connection.
m
l

Best solution

June 29, 2010 8:57:49 PM

Yeah it'll all work out fine. I have an iPhone 3G without a data plan and everything works fine. I actually blocked the 3G network by request so I wouldn't wonder off and waste money connecting to it without a plan.

As to some function not working, everything works well. You just can't do stuff that needs internet without WIFI.
Related resources
June 30, 2010 5:50:05 AM

Interesting. You can block out the network by request? Is it just a matter of having AT&T do it or is there a setting that allows you to do this?
m
l
July 10, 2010 10:01:28 PM

i m using iphone bought off ebay without data plan for a few days now...
m
l
July 10, 2010 10:02:01 PM

Best answer selected by ahm12.
m
l
July 12, 2010 12:03:48 AM

buwish said:
Interesting. You can block out the network by request? Is it just a matter of having AT&T do it or is there a setting that allows you to do this?

Didn't see your message. I'm on FIDO here in Canada but all I had to do was ask them when I bought my phone. If you are interested in blocking the network just call up
AT&T and see if they can do that for you.
m
l
!