bind failed with: 10048

When attempting to run the configuration utility (from CD or HD) for a
wireless access point, I get the following error message: "bind failed with:
10048". The utility program appears on the Windows taskbar, but a window does
not appear on the desktop from which to work with the program. I am running
XP SP2 on an Acer Travelmate 2200. Any guidance in getting this resolve would
appreciated.

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Roy W. wrote:

> When attempting to run the configuration utility (from CD or HD) for a
> wireless access point, I get the following error message: "bind failed with:
> 10048". The utility program appears on the Windows taskbar, but a window does
> not appear on the desktop from which to work with the program. I am running
> XP SP2 on an Acer Travelmate 2200. Any guidance in getting this resolve would
> appreciated.

http://www.google.com/search?q=bind%20failed%20with%3A%2010048&hl=en&lr=&sa=N&tab=gw
http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?q=bind%20failed%20with%3A%2010048&hl=en&lr=&sa=N&tab=wg

Good luck.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Roy W. <RoyW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> When attempting to run the configuration utility (from CD or HD) for a
> wireless access point, I get the following error message: "bind failed
> with: 10048".

Contact the manufacturer's technical support. That's always the first
approach. Make also sure that the AP is connected prior to running that
utility.

--
d-d

Thanks for the reply. I did not state it in the original post, but I had
contacted OEM support and downloaded the latest version of the utility with
the same result. Also, AP has been connected each time that I have tried to
run the utility. I have also tried it with the AP disconnected when started
the program, just to change up the dynamics, to no avail. The computer tech
support was of no help. I am still banging my head against the wall on this
one.