Windows screen slow?

gamerxavier

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011
Not sure what is wrong here. Lately my windows screen takes 10 minutes or so to go through. I can' really recall any changes that would affect it. changing nvidia driver to 304.7 and my HDMI cable brokeso i had to change it to a VGA cable. But, nonetheless something is not right. my system is pretty powerful. But, my HD is not SSD and it's a WD blue 500gb drive. So, it's not super fast.But, This only started happening recently.

Note: I even reinstalled windows and it's still doing it. Something isn't right :/

gamerxavier

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011
I've got the GTX 560 Ti. So I had to use a Mini hdmi adapter and I had one that did want to fit where the mini was on the gtx card cause of my case having a large thing in the way. (the thing for the PCI slots.) Anyways, It wouldn't stick there right so one day i bumped it and the way it was sitting there just bent and busted the mini HDMI piece off that was connected to the gpu. thankfully it ended up falling out anyways.

Thermaltake 10 GT case.

gamerxavier

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011
Also, It would seem that if I just Restart the computer it will Not get past the windows logo screen. I have to shut down completely to get through the logo screen and then it still takes a good 5+ minutes. this has never happened to me before even on older computers with a 10th of the power of my current.
I just like to make sure something isn't wrong with my HDD or other hardware. Cause this is extremely annoying.