Sign in with
Your question

Error code

Tags:
  • Download
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
August 17, 2012 4:03:53 PM

Keeep getting error code 0x80070057 I Guess its missing? How do I Find and download? Thanks for ANY HELP!!!!!,,jack

More about : error code

a b $ Windows 7
August 17, 2012 4:12:28 PM

There are a couple of things that you can do and the first is to go to the event viewer and see what is posted there close to the time that your getting this error code. The second thing is to go to the action center and run the troubleshooter and that will bring up any issues that are going on.

control panel / system and security / action center
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 17, 2012 4:16:00 PM

An error code is not something you need to download, it's a code number that helps identify what might be causing the issue. However, it's also helpful to know what task or application you were using/performing when the error occurred, so please post this information (on this thread please, not a new one).
m
l
Related resources
August 17, 2012 4:31:24 PM

Phil,, Well,Thank You!,as i allways had xp,and loved it,But,Now win 7,and after 4 years,still hate it, Because of all the librarys,it was so much easier,to put a pic into my Documents,and with over 3000,Im in the welding Buiss,so all Jobs i,weve done, I was Trying to do a sys restore,and That was ALLWAYS my savior, well Not in win7, Get that error,and says,it hasnt competed,the estore,,and i was Doing Some iconcleaning,off my desk top, and then,didnt want to Have to type my password in, and Folowed the instructions,(Its only me and My Wife,and she has her XP laptop) So,Not affraid,and Again, the Error code, 0x80070057 came Up,,I googled it,and sais about gamers,,ive believe me,Never!!!! played a Game, Im running the microsoft, Anti virus,and Its been better,than any i could Buy,IMO! Thanks again,Jack
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 17, 2012 4:46:12 PM

Have you tried doing a system restore from safe mode. Also what anit-virus are you using. You could have a virus or malware that is messing up a restore.
m
l
August 17, 2012 8:18:09 PM

Hi, ss202sl,, No,I havent tried a sys restore,in safe Mode,,because I dont Know how to do it,,but there must be a you Tube on It!,,I am Using Microsofts, Security Essentials,,Which approx a year ago,i had to Pay MS!,,,But the Guy,felt sorry,as Im Have been out of work so long,and need a spinal cord Opperation,,He Worked on my comp for a Good Time,and Installed Tere Top of the Line anti Virus,,aand It does a full scan,everyday!,,and usually catches something,,nothing in Last 3 days Thou!? Which i guess is good,,,weve also had alot of power outages,which i forgot to say before,,! Ill Check You Tube as How to do a Safe Mode sys restore,and THANK YOU!!,and Everybody here! and get Back to you!,, Thanks,,PS,I dont even have the Normal start button, Like win 7 has,, it looks like XP start button,,but my other email account,everything Looks Normal!?????? TY,Jack
m
l
!