application error in IE

i have this problem whenever i close internet explorer (version 6.0 ) on XP
pro.
" The instruction at 0x020c3795 referenced memory at 0x01a5ad58 . This
memory could not be read . click on OK to terminate the program."

when i click ok nothing happens and problem occurs again next time
12 answers Last reply
More about application error

    Should be a spyware or a plugin like Google Toolbar attached to IE.

    Open IE | Tools menu | Advanced tab | Uncheck Enable third-party browser
    extension and click Ok.

    Restart to see if it happens again. If not, use good spyware removal tools
    like Ad-aware /CW Schredder to remove them.

    http://www.download.com/3000-2144-10122137.html?part=104443&subj=dlpage&tag=button
    --
    JonyBrv

    "nitin" wrote:

    > i have this problem whenever i close internet explorer (version 6.0 ) on XP
    > pro.
    > " The instruction at 0x020c3795 referenced memory at 0x01a5ad58 . This
    > memory could not be read . click on OK to terminate the program."
    >
    > when i click ok nothing happens and problem occurs again next time

    Install any toolbars or add-ons lately? Go into Tools > Internet Options >
    Programs > Manage Addons (XP SP2) and see what's there. A BHO is a Browser
    Helper Object & typically you'd see ones for Macromedia, AOL etc. If you are
    unsure of it, do a google search, and if it's something that shouldn't be
    there, disable it.

    --
    ~*Kim*~

    MCP/MCSA/MCSE
    The Canadian DOS Prompt: EH?\>

    "nitin" <nitin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >i have this problem whenever i close internet explorer (version 6.0 ) on XP
    > pro.
    > " The instruction at 0x020c3795 referenced memory at 0x01a5ad58 . This
    > memory could not be read . click on OK to terminate the program."
    >
    > when i click ok nothing happens and problem occurs again next time

    Is this the exact error below per verbatim that you are experiencing

    explorer.exe-Application Error
    The instructions at xxxxxxx referenced memory at xxxxxxx. The memory could
    not be read.

    Click OK to terminate the prog
    Click Cancel to Debug.

    If it is then read the following if not ignore the following

    You have the following.This error was posted numerous times in another
    newsgroup and all had the same trojan\virus.

    1) explorer.exe
    (2)SPROT.I (Trojan)
    (3)BKDR THUNK.B

    Run all of the below in Safe Mode

    Download Sysclean_FE utility
    from the address below
    http://antivirus.ik-cs.com

    Download CLEAN.EXE from the URL
    http://www.ik-cs.com/programs/virtools/clean.exe

    Also run all of the below

    Run Spybot, AdAware, MS Spyware, CW Shredder,etc

    --
    Peter

    "nitin" <nitin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2002EACD-80F5-4C82-A286-482FE0196567@microsoft.com...
    >i have this problem whenever i close internet explorer (version 6.0 ) on XP
    > pro.
    > " The instruction at 0x020c3795 referenced memory at 0x01a5ad58 . This
    > memory could not be read . click on OK to terminate the program."
    >
    > when i click ok nothing happens and problem occurs again next time

    i usually get ad-on error on file flash.ocx(shockwave flash object)
    description : flash player 7
    due this all applications on my explorer gets closed.
    plz help me to solve this , this file also not having any updates right now

    It's likely you need to cleanup your ActiveX components that hook
    into Internet Explorer. Using Explorer (with Show hidden, System &
    all Extensions), navigate to:
    C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files
    Click the View (Text Option) and set the folder view to "Details"
    In the listing you'll see Shockwave Flash Object, Right Click it and
    then click Remove.
    While there you should also examine the other Add-ons that IE is
    using. Of course, you should do the normal Security checks to verify
    that your system is free of Spyware/Trojans & Viruses.

    "dheeraj" <dheeraj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > i usually get ad-on error on file flash.ocx(shockwave flash object)
    > description : flash player 7
    > due this all applications on my explorer gets closed.
    > plz help me to solve this , this file also not having any updates right
    > now

    thanx for the help but if i completely remove shockwave flash object then how
    will i access my flash files (eg flash movies etc.)

    "R. McCarty" wrote:

    > It's likely you need to cleanup your ActiveX components that hook
    > into Internet Explorer. Using Explorer (with Show hidden, System &
    > all Extensions), navigate to:
    > C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files
    > Click the View (Text Option) and set the folder view to "Details"
    > In the listing you'll see Shockwave Flash Object, Right Click it and
    > then click Remove.
    > While there you should also examine the other Add-ons that IE is
    > using. Of course, you should do the normal Security checks to verify
    > that your system is free of Spyware/Trojans & Viruses.
    >
    > "dheeraj" <dheeraj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > i usually get ad-on error on file flash.ocx(shockwave flash object)
    > > description : flash player 7
    > > due this all applications on my explorer gets closed.
    > > plz help me to solve this , this file also not having any updates right
    > > now

    Sorry, I wasn't clear in my previous post. If you remove the
    ActiveX, the next time you visit a site that requires it, IE will
    prompt you to re-install it via the Information Bar.

    By the way, Shockwave is now at Version 10.0
    The Detector/Installer is found here:
    http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/triggerpages/default.html

    > thanx for the help but if i completely remove shockwave flash object then
    > how
    > will i access my flash files (eg flash movies etc.)
    >
    > "R. McCarty" wrote:
    >
    >> It's likely you need to cleanup your ActiveX components that hook
    >> into Internet Explorer. Using Explorer (with Show hidden, System &
    >> all Extensions), navigate to:
    >> C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files
    >> Click the View (Text Option) and set the folder view to "Details"
    >> In the listing you'll see Shockwave Flash Object, Right Click it and
    >> then click Remove.
    >> While there you should also examine the other Add-ons that IE is
    >> using. Of course, you should do the normal Security checks to verify
    >> that your system is free of Spyware/Trojans & Viruses.
    >>
    >> "dheeraj" <dheeraj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > i usually get ad-on error on file flash.ocx(shockwave flash object)
    >> > description : flash player 7
    >> > due this all applications on my explorer gets closed.
    >> > plz help me to solve this , this file also not having any updates right
    >> > now

    am not get rid from that problem of ad-ons with my IE due to which my
    explorer gets closed, the prob is flash.ocx but there is no such prob with
    other browser, this ad- on error is only with IE. What should i do ,how can
    i uninstall and again install my IE 6. Plz help me out ,
    thanx

    "R. McCarty" wrote:

    > Sorry, I wasn't clear in my previous post. If you remove the
    > ActiveX, the next time you visit a site that requires it, IE will
    > prompt you to re-install it via the Information Bar.
    >
    > By the way, Shockwave is now at Version 10.0
    > The Detector/Installer is found here:
    > http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/triggerpages/default.html
    >
    > "dheeraj" <dheeraj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > thanx for the help but if i completely remove shockwave flash object then
    > > how
    > > will i access my flash files (eg flash movies etc.)
    > >
    > > "R. McCarty" wrote:
    > >
    > >> It's likely you need to cleanup your ActiveX components that hook
    > >> into Internet Explorer. Using Explorer (with Show hidden, System &
    > >> all Extensions), navigate to:
    > >> C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files
    > >> Click the View (Text Option) and set the folder view to "Details"
    > >> In the listing you'll see Shockwave Flash Object, Right Click it and
    > >> then click Remove.
    > >> While there you should also examine the other Add-ons that IE is
    > >> using. Of course, you should do the normal Security checks to verify
    > >> that your system is free of Spyware/Trojans & Viruses.
    > >>
    > >> "dheeraj" <dheeraj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    I think I can work my way through your current problem/description.
    First thing, there are two distinctly different products from Macromedia.
    Shockwave Flash is the Windows Add-on or .ocx 7.0 r19
    Shockwave Player is resident utility on your PC 10.1.0.11
    The differences between the two are described here:
    http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_15508#4

    Here are a couple of items to try and see if IE will run. If so, go to
    the Shockwave Update site I mentioned in my previous posting and
    update your software to Version
    (1.) Go to Control Panel, Internet Options - Click the Advanced (TAB).
    Click the "Reset Defaults" button.
    (2.) Click the Security (TAB), Internet Zone should be selected or
    highlighted. Click the "Default Level", Apply - OK to exit
    Open IE and go directly to
    http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash
    Be sure to decide whether to install the Yahoo toolbar, that they now
    slip into the install package/download.

    > am not get rid from that problem of ad-ons with my IE due to which my
    > explorer gets closed, the prob is flash.ocx but there is no such prob
    > with
    > other browser, this ad- on error is only with IE. What should i do ,how
    > can
    > i uninstall and again install my IE 6. Plz help me out ,
    > thanx
    >
    > "R. McCarty" wrote:
    >
    >> Sorry, I wasn't clear in my previous post. If you remove the
    >> ActiveX, the next time you visit a site that requires it, IE will
    >> prompt you to re-install it via the Information Bar.
    >>
    >> By the way, Shockwave is now at Version 10.0
    >> The Detector/Installer is found here:
    >> http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/triggerpages/default.html
    >>
    >> "dheeraj" <dheeraj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > thanx for the help but if i completely remove shockwave flash object
    >> > then
    >> > how
    >> > will i access my flash files (eg flash movies etc.)

    i have tried shockwave 10 but no progress plz tell me how to
    uninstall/install IE again

    "R. McCarty" wrote:

    > I think I can work my way through your current problem/description.
    > First thing, there are two distinctly different products from Macromedia.
    > Shockwave Flash is the Windows Add-on or .ocx 7.0 r19
    > Shockwave Player is resident utility on your PC 10.1.0.11
    > The differences between the two are described here:
    > http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_15508#4
    >
    > Here are a couple of items to try and see if IE will run. If so, go to
    > the Shockwave Update site I mentioned in my previous posting and
    > update your software to Version
    > (1.) Go to Control Panel, Internet Options - Click the Advanced (TAB).
    > Click the "Reset Defaults" button.
    > (2.) Click the Security (TAB), Internet Zone should be selected or
    > highlighted. Click the "Default Level", Apply - OK to exit
    > Open IE and go directly to
    > http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash
    > Be sure to decide whether to install the Yahoo toolbar, that they now
    > slip into the install package/download.
    >
    > "dheeraj" <dheeraj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > am not get rid from that problem of ad-ons with my IE due to which my
    > > explorer gets closed, the prob is flash.ocx but there is no such prob
    > > with
    > > other browser, this ad- on error is only with IE. What should i do ,how
    > > can
    > > i uninstall and again install my IE 6. Plz help me out ,
    > > thanx
    > >
    > > "R. McCarty" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Sorry, I wasn't clear in my previous post. If you remove the
    > >> ActiveX, the next time you visit a site that requires it, IE will
    > >> prompt you to re-install it via the Information Bar.
    > >>
    > >> By the way, Shockwave is now at Version 10.0
    > >> The Detector/Installer is found here:
    > >> http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/triggerpages/default.html
    > >>
    > >> "dheeraj" <dheeraj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    Sometimes these type of problems are specific to the user account
    that is being used. Why don't you create a new user (temporarily)
    login to that account and try IE ? If the issue follows then it's a XP
    issue, if not then your day-to-day profile has issues.

    >i have tried shockwave 10 but no progress plz tell me how to
    > uninstall/install IE again
    >
    > "R. McCarty" wrote:
    >
    >> I think I can work my way through your current problem/description.
    >> First thing, there are two distinctly different products from Macromedia.
    >> Shockwave Flash is the Windows Add-on or .ocx 7.0 r19
    >> Shockwave Player is resident utility on your PC 10.1.0.11
    >> The differences between the two are described here:
    >> http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_15508#4
    >>
    >> Here are a couple of items to try and see if IE will run. If so, go to
    >> the Shockwave Update site I mentioned in my previous posting and
    >> update your software to Version
    >> (1.) Go to Control Panel, Internet Options - Click the Advanced (TAB).
    >> Click the "Reset Defaults" button.
    >> (2.) Click the Security (TAB), Internet Zone should be selected or
    >> highlighted. Click the "Default Level", Apply - OK to exit
    >> Open IE and go directly to
    >> http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash
    >> Be sure to decide whether to install the Yahoo toolbar, that they now
    >> slip into the install package/download.
    >>
    >> "dheeraj" <dheeraj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > am not get rid from that problem of ad-ons with my IE due to which my
    >> > explorer gets closed, the prob is flash.ocx but there is no such prob
    >> > with
    >> > other browser, this ad- on error is only with IE. What should i do
    >> > ,how
    >> > can
    >> > i uninstall and again install my IE 6. Plz help me out ,
    >> > thanx

    thanx 4 ur advice i will try it .
    "R. McCarty" wrote:

    > Sometimes these type of problems are specific to the user account
    > that is being used. Why don't you create a new user (temporarily)
    > login to that account and try IE ? If the issue follows then it's a XP
    > issue, if not then your day-to-day profile has issues.
    >
    > "dheeraj" <dheeraj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >i have tried shockwave 10 but no progress plz tell me how to
    > > uninstall/install IE again
    > >
    > > "R. McCarty" wrote:
    > >
    > >> I think I can work my way through your current problem/description.
    > >> First thing, there are two distinctly different products from Macromedia.
    > >> Shockwave Flash is the Windows Add-on or .ocx 7.0 r19
    > >> Shockwave Player is resident utility on your PC 10.1.0.11
    > >> The differences between the two are described here:
    > >> http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_15508#4
    > >>
    > >> Here are a couple of items to try and see if IE will run. If so, go to
    > >> the Shockwave Update site I mentioned in my previous posting and
    > >> update your software to Version
    > >> (1.) Go to Control Panel, Internet Options - Click the Advanced (TAB).
    > >> Click the "Reset Defaults" button.
    > >> (2.) Click the Security (TAB), Internet Zone should be selected or
    > >> highlighted. Click the "Default Level", Apply - OK to exit
    > >> Open IE and go directly to
    > >> http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash
    > >> Be sure to decide whether to install the Yahoo toolbar, that they now
    > >> slip into the install package/download.
    > >>
    > >> "dheeraj" <dheeraj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Internet Explorer Microsoft Memory Windows XP