Cordless Speaker phones, anyone have one?

jflongo

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2001
My home office currently has no phone jack, and there really is no easy way to run wire to it. I would like to buy a Cordless speaker phone, and would like suggestions on good ones. A wireless headset may be ok too.

casemods

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2006
My home office currently has no phone jack, and there really is no easy way to run wire to it. I would like to buy a Cordless speaker phone, and would like suggestions on good ones. A wireless headset may be ok too.

So, your office has no phone jack, but there is a phone jack in another room?

It's simple really, but you can't be lazy on this one.

Either go under the house, or go into the attic, and run phone wire to the bedroom, and wire in a phone jack.

It's actually very very simple.

Or just hire someone to do it for you.

Another option is to just run wire on the top of the ceiling in the corner, which you can hide fairly easily if you just want something temporary or simple.

jflongo

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2001

Either go under the house, or go into the attic, and run phone wire to the bedroom, and wire in a phone jack.

Another option is to just run wire on the top of the ceiling in the corner, which you can hide fairly easily if you just want something temporary or simple.

No attic, since this is in the basement. Under the house, no, this is a basement. The basement is completely finished out, so no easy way at all, without tearing holes in the drywall. I have talked to a couple of people, and everyone says they would have to drill a hole from the outside of the house and wrap wire around the house. I don't want this done, I hate that option.

casemods

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2006

No attic, since this is in the basement. Under the house, no, this is a basement. The basement is completely finished out, so no easy way at all, without tearing holes in the drywall. I have talked to a couple of people, and everyone says they would have to drill a hole from the outside of the house and wrap wire around the house. I don't want this done, I hate that option.

What material(s) are the basement walls made out of?

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
I don't know if the new technology of wireless are any better than ten years ago. But they're not that good, sometimes when you walk around the room the signal drop and your limited on where they're located. As far as sound quality it'll sound like your listening on FM radio.

So if your option is that much small then it's really your choice, but the quality is not that great.