Laptop for college

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oompa23

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2007
I am looking to get a laptop for college and I need some advice since i dont pay attention to mobile technology. I was thinking about getting the Asus eee pc but was thinking about waiting to get the new 901 or the 1000* series. Another thing to keep in mind is that I am living at home, going to a community college and I dont need much from it other than basic word processing internet, and stuff like that, would also like a decent battery life. so if anyone has any suggestions that would be great

The EEE is alright, but keep in mind it does not have very much hard drive space. I would say you're probably better off getting a slightly more expensive base model laptop with Windows and a decent hard drive if it is going to be your only computer. Of course, if all you really need is word processing and internet, and you really don't mind a dinky hard drive, the EEE is certainly great as a small, portable computer with a good battery life.

Oompa23

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2007
yea i could probably squeeze 400 or in that area out of my parents since i talked to them again so im guessing maybe 450 or 500 range

Status
Not open for further replies.