I am getting a message that I do not have enough memory in order to run a
program Flight Simulator.
However that is the only program open and I have 1.5 GB of RAM!
Any suggestions?
--
Hector

Which version of Flight Simulator?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Hector" <Hector@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am getting a message that I do not have enough memory in order to run a
> program Flight Simulator.
> However that is the only program open and I have 1.5 GB of RAM!
> Any suggestions?
> --
> Hector

kelly

right click my computer, left click properties. click on the advanced tab.
click on the settings button beside performance. click on the advanced tab.
click on the change button next to virtual memory. click on the radio button
beside system managed size. click on ok all the way back out. try to run the
game now.

good luck

"Hector" wrote:

> I am getting a message that I do not have enough memory in order to run a
> program Flight Simulator.
> However that is the only program open and I have 1.5 GB of RAM!
> Any suggestions?
> --
> Hector

I had the same problem with Microsoft Golf99 when I tried to run it on a
XP-pro SP2 with 1.5GB of RAM. It ran fine on a Windows98 machine with 256MB
of RAM.
The only way I could get it to run on XP was to disable and delete the
pagefile. It would also run if I changed the minimum allowed size of the
pagefile to 256MB. A system managed pagefile is set to a 2MB minimum and
that was what MS golf was seeing when it started to load---Obviously not
enough to run the program.
Hope this helps as I do not have Flight Simulator.
--

Mark N.
"Hector" <Hector@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am getting a message that I do not have enough memory in order to run a
> program Flight Simulator.
> However that is the only program open and I have 1.5 GB of RAM!
> Any suggestions?
> --
> Hector

Jim

"Hector" <Hector@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am getting a message that I do not have enough memory in order to run a
> program Flight Simulator.
> However that is the only program open and I have 1.5 GB of RAM!
> Any suggestions?
> --
> Hector
Your pagefile is too small.
Jim

Run (Start -- Run...) msconfig.

Select 'Boot.ini' tab -- 'Advanced Options'... button, mark '/MAXMEM='
checkbox, set the size '511' next to it, press Ok -- Ok.

Restart. Ignore warning about changed settings (or confirm you want to
restore the default boot settings -- but DON'T restart this time).

If Flight Simulator will work after that -- that means 1.5GB of RAM is
TOO MUCH for this version, despite the warning about low memory
size.
--
Mikhail Zhilin
http://www.aha.ru/~mwz
<Hector@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am getting a message that I do not have enough memory in order to run a
>program Flight Simulator.
>However that is the only program open and I have 1.5 GB of RAM!
>Any suggestions?

TRENDING THREADS