Why did Sonic auto-format my D drive at start-up?

Josh

Why did Sonic auto-format my CD-ROM in my D Drive at start-up? We did
nothing to prompt this, and it erased nearly 70 files (I think). Is there
any way for me to reclaim this lost data? Hours of work are at stake!

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Josh wrote:

> Why did Sonic auto-format my CD-ROM in my D Drive at start-up? We did
> nothing to prompt this, and it erased nearly 70 files (I think). Is there
> any way for me to reclaim this lost data? Hours of work are at stake!

You need to ask Sonic about the first question. About the second I
don't know if Isobuster can help but take a look:

http://www.isobuster.com/

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

If this was a quick format then only the TOC (Table of Contents) was erased.
I've used this app to successfully retrieve data from quick formatted CD-R/W
discs http://www.naltech.com/ It is a one of a kind program as far as I
know. If the disc was Full formatted then the files are gone.

Why Sonic did this I don't know however some software has a check box that
will auto blank CD-R/W discs prior to writing data to them. See if that
applies.

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp