Why did Sonic auto-format my D drive at start-up?

Why did Sonic auto-format my CD-ROM in my D Drive at start-up? We did
nothing to prompt this, and it erased nearly 70 files (I think). Is there
any way for me to reclaim this lost data? Hours of work are at stake!
2 answers Last reply
More about sonic auto format drive start

    Josh wrote:

    > Why did Sonic auto-format my CD-ROM in my D Drive at start-up? We did
    > nothing to prompt this, and it erased nearly 70 files (I think). Is there
    > any way for me to reclaim this lost data? Hours of work are at stake!

    You need to ask Sonic about the first question. About the second I
    don't know if Isobuster can help but take a look:

    http://www.isobuster.com/

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    If this was a quick format then only the TOC (Table of Contents) was erased.
    I've used this app to successfully retrieve data from quick formatted CD-R/W
    discs http://www.naltech.com/ It is a one of a kind program as far as I
    know. If the disc was Full formatted then the files are gone.

    Why Sonic did this I don't know however some software has a check box that
    will auto blank CD-R/W discs prior to writing data to them. See if that
    applies.

    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    "Josh" <Josh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Why did Sonic auto-format my CD-ROM in my D Drive at start-up? We did
    > nothing to prompt this, and it erased nearly 70 files (I think). Is there
    > any way for me to reclaim this lost data? Hours of work are at stake!

Format Microsoft Windows XP