disabling NvCpll.dll,NvStartup

Ryan

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

I have read very conflicting stuff about disabling NvCpll.dll from startup.

I understand it's from my Nvidia graphics, however, I would like to disable
it from startup.

Anyone know if this is possible? If so, if it is, how can I go about doing
it?

I have tried through Spybot, but it keeps coming back to startup.

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Ryan wrote:

> I have read very conflicting stuff about disabling NvCpll.dll from startup.
>
> I understand it's from my Nvidia graphics, however, I would like to disable
> it from startup.
>
> Anyone know if this is possible? If so, if it is, how can I go about doing
> it?
>
> I have tried through Spybot, but it keeps coming back to startup.

Yes it can be disabled. Start | Run | Msconfig | Enter. On the startup
tab uncheck it.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Hi

You can disable it via msconfig>startup if you want to.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Ryan" <microsoft@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have read very conflicting stuff about disabling NvCpll.dll from startup.
>
> I understand it's from my Nvidia graphics, however, I would like to
> disable it from startup.
>
> Anyone know if this is possible? If so, if it is, how can I go about doing
> it?
>
> I have tried through Spybot, but it keeps coming back to startup.

Ryan

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

I have tried that route and it does not work. It keeps coming back on
startup.

> Hi
>
> You can disable it via msconfig>startup if you want to.
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "Ryan" <microsoft@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have read very conflicting stuff about disabling NvCpll.dll from
>>startup.
>>
>> I understand it's from my Nvidia graphics, however, I would like to
>> disable it from startup.
>>
>> Anyone know if this is possible? If so, if it is, how can I go about
>> doing it?
>>
>> I have tried through Spybot, but it keeps coming back to startup.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Manually delete these three entries:
NvCplDaemon, NvMediaCenter and nwiz.

NvCplDaemon
REG_SZ
RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup

NvMediaCenter
REG_SZ
RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit

nwiz
REG_SZ
nwiz.exe /install
----

Disable the NVIDIA Display Driver Service...
Start | Run | Type: services,msc | OK |
Scroll down to and double click: NVIDIA Display Driver Service |
Under Startup type set to Disabled | Apply | Click the Stop button |
When it stops click OK | You may have to reboot
----

NvMediaCenter
[[RunDLL32.exe NvMCTray.dll, NvTaskbarInit System Tray icon used to manage
settings for nVidia based graphics cards. May be required for some 3D
applications to recognize your card correctly - such as the game
"Everquest". Otherwise, settings can be changed manually via Display
Properties]]

Nview.dll = NVIDIA nView Desktop and Window Manager

Name NVIEW
Command rundll32.exe nview.dll, nViewLoadHook
Description This is a DLL to enable multiple display monitors on a single
computer. It can be a cause of numerous problems on some computers
---

NvCplDaemon
System Tray icon used to change display settings, change the clock rate and
memory speed for nVidia based graphics cards. This is unnecessary since you
can easily configure these settings the way you want them in the Display
Properties and not have to mess with them again. Also disable the "NVIDIA
Driver Helper Service" if enabled as it can cause this entry to be
re-enabled on re-boot (note that this service can also cause extreme
shutdown delays if enabled - see
http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/strangeservice.htm
----

nwiz.exe = NVIDIA nView Wizard
[[Application enables user to having 32 virtual desktops, get a desktop
larger than the viewable area of the monitor, being able to divide the
display across more than one monitor, managing applications and many more
functionality.]]
----

Manually delete these three entries:
NvCplDaemon, NvMediaCenter and nwiz.

NvCplDaemon
REG_SZ
RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup

NvMediaCenter
REG_SZ
RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit

nwiz
REG_SZ
nwiz.exe /install
----

[[The NVIDIA Display Control Panel Extention cannot be created . Possible
reasons include: version mismatch. Reinstalling drivers may solve the
problem.]]

Download and install ShellExView (shexview.exe)...

ShellExView download
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/shellexview.html

Open ShellExView and disable the Nvidia right click Menu entries.
These three entries...

====
Extension Name : Desktop Explorer
Disabled : Yes
Type : Shell Folder
Description : NVIDIA Desktop Explorer, Version 61.77
Version : 6.14.10.6177
Product Name : NVIDIA Desktop Explorer, Version 61.77
Company : NVIDIA Corporation
My Computer : No
Desktop : No
Control Panel : No
Filename : C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvshell.dll
CLSID : {1CDB2949-8F65-4355-8456-263E7C208A5D}
====

Extension Name : Desktop Explorer Menu
Disabled : Yes
Type : System
Description : NVIDIA Desktop Explorer, Version 61.77
Version : 6.14.10.6177
Product Name : NVIDIA Desktop Explorer, Version 61.77
Company : NVIDIA Corporation
My Computer : No
Desktop : No
Control Panel : No
Filename : C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvshell.dll
CLSID : {1E9B04FB-F9E5-4718-997B-B8DA88302A47}
====

Extension Name : DesktopContext Class
Disabled : Yes
Type : System
Description : NVIDIA Display Properties Extension
Version : 6.14.10.6177
Product Name : NVIDIA Compatible Windows 2000 Display driver, Version
61.77
Company : NVIDIA Corporation
My Computer : No
Desktop : No
Control Panel : No
Filename : C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvcpl.dll
CLSID : {A70C977A-BF00-412C-90B7-034C51DA2439}
====

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:eyXV04WdFHA.2420@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
Ryan <microsoft@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> I have tried that route and it does not work. It keeps coming back on
> startup.

>> Hi
>>
>> You can disable it via msconfig>startup if you want to.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>

>> "Ryan" <microsoft@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> I have read very conflicting stuff about disabling NvCpll.dll from
>>> startup.
>>>
>>> I understand it's from my Nvidia graphics, however, I would like to
>>> disable it from startup.
>>>
>>> Anyone know if this is possible? If so, if it is, how can I go about
>>> doing it?
>>>
>>> I have tried through Spybot, but it keeps coming back to startup.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Oops, wrong link...

http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php?letter=R&filter=&count=50&offset=150

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:OIou3zadFHA.2688@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
Wesley Vogel <123WVogel955@comcast.net> hunted and pecked:
> [...]
> ====
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:eyXV04WdFHA.2420@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
> Ryan <microsoft@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
>> I have tried that route and it does not work. It keeps coming back on
>> startup.
>>
>> "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> You can disable it via msconfig>startup if you want to.
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Will Denny
>>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>>

>>> "Ryan" <microsoft@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

This is the control panel extension that shows up when you go to the video properties (Right click
desktop select properties, Settings tab, advanced settings). There is no real reason to disable, I
would leave alone.
--
Dave Vair
CNE, CNA, MCP, A+, N+

"Ryan" <microsoft@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have read very conflicting stuff about disabling NvCpll.dll from startup.
>
> I understand it's from my Nvidia graphics, however, I would like to disable it from startup.
>
> Anyone know if this is possible? If so, if it is, how can I go about doing it?
>
> I have tried through Spybot, but it keeps coming back to startup.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Try:-
Start>Run>services.msc>ok
Now scroll down to NVIDIA Display Driver Service.Double click on
that-select properties- Under Startup type set to Disabled>Apply.Click
the Stop button When it stops click OK >reboot.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

Ryan wrote:
> I have read very conflicting stuff about disabling NvCpll.dll from startup.
>
> I understand it's from my Nvidia graphics, however, I would like to disable
> it from startup.
>
> Anyone know if this is possible? If so, if it is, how can I go about doing
> it?
>
> I have tried through Spybot, but it keeps coming back to startup.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Hi

This works as well, typed from Start>Run:

regsvr32 /u nvcpl.dll