disabling NvCpll.dll,NvStartup

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

I have read very conflicting stuff about disabling NvCpll.dll from startup.

I understand it's from my Nvidia graphics, however, I would like to disable
it from startup.

Anyone know if this is possible? If so, if it is, how can I go about doing
it?

I have tried through Spybot, but it keeps coming back to startup.
8 answers Last reply
More about disabling nvcpll nvstartup
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Ryan wrote:

    > I have read very conflicting stuff about disabling NvCpll.dll from startup.
    >
    > I understand it's from my Nvidia graphics, however, I would like to disable
    > it from startup.
    >
    > Anyone know if this is possible? If so, if it is, how can I go about doing
    > it?
    >
    > I have tried through Spybot, but it keeps coming back to startup.

    Yes it can be disabled. Start | Run | Msconfig | Enter. On the startup
    tab uncheck it.

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Hi

    You can disable it via msconfig>startup if you want to.

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "Ryan" <microsoft@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have read very conflicting stuff about disabling NvCpll.dll from startup.
    >
    > I understand it's from my Nvidia graphics, however, I would like to
    > disable it from startup.
    >
    > Anyone know if this is possible? If so, if it is, how can I go about doing
    > it?
    >
    > I have tried through Spybot, but it keeps coming back to startup.
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    I have tried that route and it does not work. It keeps coming back on
    startup.

    > Hi
    >
    > You can disable it via msconfig>startup if you want to.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Will Denny
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    > Please reply to the News Groups
    >

    > "Ryan" <microsoft@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>I have read very conflicting stuff about disabling NvCpll.dll from
    >>startup.
    >>
    >> I understand it's from my Nvidia graphics, however, I would like to
    >> disable it from startup.
    >>
    >> Anyone know if this is possible? If so, if it is, how can I go about
    >> doing it?
    >>
    >> I have tried through Spybot, but it keeps coming back to startup.

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Manually delete these three entries:
    NvCplDaemon, NvMediaCenter and nwiz.

    NvCplDaemon
    REG_SZ
    RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup

    NvMediaCenter
    REG_SZ
    RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit

    nwiz
    REG_SZ
    nwiz.exe /install
    ----

    Disable the NVIDIA Display Driver Service...
    Start | Run | Type: services,msc | OK |
    Scroll down to and double click: NVIDIA Display Driver Service |
    Under Startup type set to Disabled | Apply | Click the Stop button |
    When it stops click OK | You may have to reboot
    ----

    NvMediaCenter
    [[RunDLL32.exe NvMCTray.dll, NvTaskbarInit System Tray icon used to manage
    settings for nVidia based graphics cards. May be required for some 3D
    applications to recognize your card correctly - such as the game
    "Everquest". Otherwise, settings can be changed manually via Display
    Properties]]

    Nview.dll = NVIDIA nView Desktop and Window Manager

    Name NVIEW
    Command rundll32.exe nview.dll, nViewLoadHook
    Description This is a DLL to enable multiple display monitors on a single
    computer. It can be a cause of numerous problems on some computers
    ---

    NvCplDaemon
    System Tray icon used to change display settings, change the clock rate and
    memory speed for nVidia based graphics cards. This is unnecessary since you
    can easily configure these settings the way you want them in the Display
    Properties and not have to mess with them again. Also disable the "NVIDIA
    Driver Helper Service" if enabled as it can cause this entry to be
    re-enabled on re-boot (note that this service can also cause extreme
    shutdown delays if enabled - see
    http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/strangeservice.htm
    ----

    nwiz.exe = NVIDIA nView Wizard
    [[Application enables user to having 32 virtual desktops, get a desktop
    larger than the viewable area of the monitor, being able to divide the
    display across more than one monitor, managing applications and many more
    functionality.]]
    ----

    Manually delete these three entries:
    NvCplDaemon, NvMediaCenter and nwiz.

    NvCplDaemon
    REG_SZ
    RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup

    NvMediaCenter
    REG_SZ
    RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit

    nwiz
    REG_SZ
    nwiz.exe /install
    ----

    [[The NVIDIA Display Control Panel Extention cannot be created . Possible
    reasons include: version mismatch. Reinstalling drivers may solve the
    problem.]]

    Download and install ShellExView (shexview.exe)...

    ShellExView download
    http://www.snapfiles.com/get/shellexview.html

    Open ShellExView and disable the Nvidia right click Menu entries.
    These three entries...

    ====
    Extension Name : Desktop Explorer
    Disabled : Yes
    Type : Shell Folder
    Description : NVIDIA Desktop Explorer, Version 61.77
    Version : 6.14.10.6177
    Product Name : NVIDIA Desktop Explorer, Version 61.77
    Company : NVIDIA Corporation
    My Computer : No
    Desktop : No
    Control Panel : No
    Filename : C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvshell.dll
    CLSID : {1CDB2949-8F65-4355-8456-263E7C208A5D}
    ====

    Extension Name : Desktop Explorer Menu
    Disabled : Yes
    Type : System
    Description : NVIDIA Desktop Explorer, Version 61.77
    Version : 6.14.10.6177
    Product Name : NVIDIA Desktop Explorer, Version 61.77
    Company : NVIDIA Corporation
    My Computer : No
    Desktop : No
    Control Panel : No
    Filename : C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvshell.dll
    CLSID : {1E9B04FB-F9E5-4718-997B-B8DA88302A47}
    ====

    Extension Name : DesktopContext Class
    Disabled : Yes
    Type : System
    Description : NVIDIA Display Properties Extension
    Version : 6.14.10.6177
    Product Name : NVIDIA Compatible Windows 2000 Display driver, Version
    61.77
    Company : NVIDIA Corporation
    My Computer : No
    Desktop : No
    Control Panel : No
    Filename : C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvcpl.dll
    CLSID : {A70C977A-BF00-412C-90B7-034C51DA2439}
    ====

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:eyXV04WdFHA.2420@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
    Ryan <microsoft@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > I have tried that route and it does not work. It keeps coming back on
    > startup.

    >> Hi
    >>
    >> You can disable it via msconfig>startup if you want to.
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Will Denny
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >> Please reply to the News Groups
    >>

    >> "Ryan" <microsoft@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>> I have read very conflicting stuff about disabling NvCpll.dll from
    >>> startup.
    >>>
    >>> I understand it's from my Nvidia graphics, however, I would like to
    >>> disable it from startup.
    >>>
    >>> Anyone know if this is possible? If so, if it is, how can I go about
    >>> doing it?
    >>>
    >>> I have tried through Spybot, but it keeps coming back to startup.
  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Oops, wrong link...

    http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php?letter=R&filter=&count=50&offset=150

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:OIou3zadFHA.2688@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
    Wesley Vogel <123WVogel955@comcast.net> hunted and pecked:
> [...]
    > 61.77
    > Company : NVIDIA Corporation
    > My Computer : No
    > Desktop : No
    > Control Panel : No
    > Filename : C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvcpl.dll
    > CLSID : {A70C977A-BF00-412C-90B7-034C51DA2439}
    > ====
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:eyXV04WdFHA.2420@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
    > Ryan <microsoft@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    >> I have tried that route and it does not work. It keeps coming back on
    >> startup.
    >>
    >> "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in message
    >>> Hi
    >>>
    >>> You can disable it via msconfig>startup if you want to.

  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    This is the control panel extension that shows up when you go to the video properties (Right click
    desktop select properties, Settings tab, advanced settings). There is no real reason to disable, I
    would leave alone.
    --
    Dave Vair
    CNE, CNA, MCP, A+, N+

    "Ryan" <microsoft@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have read very conflicting stuff about disabling NvCpll.dll from startup.
    >
    > I understand it's from my Nvidia graphics, however, I would like to disable it from startup.
    >
    > Anyone know if this is possible? If so, if it is, how can I go about doing it?
    >
    > I have tried through Spybot, but it keeps coming back to startup.

  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Try:-
    Start>Run>services.msc>ok
    Now scroll down to NVIDIA Display Driver Service.Double click on
    that-select properties- Under Startup type set to Disabled>Apply.Click
    the Stop button When it stops click OK >reboot.

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    Ryan wrote:
    > I have read very conflicting stuff about disabling NvCpll.dll from startup.
    >
    > I understand it's from my Nvidia graphics, however, I would like to disable
    > it from startup.
    >
    > Anyone know if this is possible? If so, if it is, how can I go about doing
    > it?
    >
    > I have tried through Spybot, but it keeps coming back to startup.

  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Hi

    This works as well, typed from Start>Run:

    regsvr32 /u nvcpl.dll

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    Please reply to the News Groups

    "Ryan" <microsoft@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have tried that route and it does not work. It keeps coming back on
    >startup.

    >> Hi
    >>
    >> You can disable it via msconfig>startup if you want to.
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Will Denny
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >> Please reply to the News Groups
    >>

    >> "Ryan" <microsoft@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>>I have read very conflicting stuff about disabling NvCpll.dll from
    >>>startup.
    >>>
    >>> I understand it's from my Nvidia graphics, however, I would like to
    >>> disable it from startup.
    >>>
    >>> Anyone know if this is possible? If so, if it is, how can I go about
    >>> doing it?
    >>>
    >>> I have tried through Spybot, but it keeps coming back to startup.

Microsoft DLL Windows XP