How to increase (normalize) audio level in a MP3 file fast?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.music (More info?)

Hello
How to increase (normalize) audio level in a MP3 file fast?
10 answers Last reply
More about increase normalize audio level file fast
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.music (More info?)

    Just do a Google for "Normalization". A very complicated process.
    There are all kinds of factors involved. Type of music (Rock, Classical)
    Recording method (Digital, Analog). Just leveling each song to say a
    -6 db level doesn't guarantee equal volume perception.
    Songs are recorded with differing levels of companding & limiting.
    Some tools allow you to do "Batch" analysis, where each songs content
    are compared and a "Average" loudness value is determined.
    Most Broadcasting uses extensive audio processing. This is how
    Radio stations achieve that "Consistent" volume level and songs sound
    different than when played from a CD.
    I use a program, Adobe Audition (CoolEdit Pro) that has a number
    of features to "Normalize/Colorize" audio. There are lots of free tools
    available that will allow you to correct your collection's levels.
    Just be sure to keep your original songs before Normalizing, since
    using Lossy formats can result in some quality degradation.

    "Dmitry Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message
    > Hello
    > How to increase (normalize) audio level in a MP3 file fast?
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.music (More info?)

    Use CDex to reincode and set the volume to 100 or use audacity to amplify
    to 0.
    "Dmitry Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message
    > Hello
    > How to increase (normalize) audio level in a MP3 file fast?
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.music (More info?)

    MP3 Gain works well also:
    http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/

    marrie wrote:
    > Use CDex to reincode and set the volume to 100 or use audacity to amplify
    > to 0.
    > "Dmitry Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hello
    >>How to increase (normalize) audio level in a MP3 file fast?

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.music (More info?)

    I want to normalize MP3 files downloaded from www.bbc.co.uk with radio
    programs. Some of them are very quiet. I tried to use dbpoweramp to
    normalize, but it does not change volume much. SoundForge 6 allows more
    options, but is inconvenient and takes much more time.
    "R. McCarty" <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    > Just do a Google for "Normalization". A very complicated process.
    > There are all kinds of factors involved. Type of music (Rock, Classical)
    > Recording method (Digital, Analog). Just leveling each song to say a
    > -6 db level doesn't guarantee equal volume perception.
    > Songs are recorded with differing levels of companding & limiting.
    > Some tools allow you to do "Batch" analysis, where each songs content
    > are compared and a "Average" loudness value is determined.
    > Most Broadcasting uses extensive audio processing. This is how
    > Radio stations achieve that "Consistent" volume level and songs sound
    > different than when played from a CD.
    > I use a program, Adobe Audition (CoolEdit Pro) that has a number
    > of features to "Normalize/Colorize" audio. There are lots of free tools
    > available that will allow you to correct your collection's levels.
    > Just be sure to keep your original songs before Normalizing, since
    > using Lossy formats can result in some quality degradation.
    >
    > "Dmitry Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message
    >> Hello
    >> How to increase (normalize) audio level in a MP3 file fast?

  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.music (More info?)

    Try audacity I use it for normalise if I needd to. the lnk is
    http://audacity.sourceforge.net/latest/audacity-win/audacity-win-1.2.3.exe.
    I asume you are using windows.
    >I want to normalize MP3 files downloaded from www.bbc.co.uk with radio
    >programs. Some of them are very quiet. I tried to use dbpoweramp to
    >normalize, but it does not change volume much. SoundForge 6 allows more
    >options, but is inconvenient and takes much more time.
    > "R. McCarty" <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    >> Just do a Google for "Normalization". A very complicated process.
    >> There are all kinds of factors involved. Type of music (Rock, Classical)
    >> Recording method (Digital, Analog). Just leveling each song to say a
    >> -6 db level doesn't guarantee equal volume perception.
    >> Songs are recorded with differing levels of companding & limiting.
    >> Some tools allow you to do "Batch" analysis, where each songs content
    >> are compared and a "Average" loudness value is determined.
    >> Most Broadcasting uses extensive audio processing. This is how
    >> Radio stations achieve that "Consistent" volume level and songs sound
    >> different than when played from a CD.
    >> I use a program, Adobe Audition (CoolEdit Pro) that has a number
    >> of features to "Normalize/Colorize" audio. There are lots of free tools
    >> available that will allow you to correct your collection's levels.
    >> Just be sure to keep your original songs before Normalizing, since
    >> using Lossy formats can result in some quality degradation.
    >>
    >> "Dmitry Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message
    >>> Hello
    >>> How to increase (normalize) audio level in a MP3 file fast?

  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.music (More info?)

    Yes, I'm using Windows.
    "marrie" <kales2@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > Try audacity I use it for normalise if I needd to. the lnk is
    > http://audacity.sourceforge.net/latest/audacity-win/audacity-win-1.2.3.exe. I
    > asume you are using windows.
    > "Dmitry Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message
    >>I want to normalize MP3 files downloaded from www.bbc.co.uk with radio
    >>programs. Some of them are very quiet. I tried to use dbpoweramp to
    >>normalize, but it does not change volume much. SoundForge 6 allows more
    >>options, but is inconvenient and takes much more time.
    >> "R. McCarty" <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    >>> Just do a Google for "Normalization". A very complicated process.
    >>> There are all kinds of factors involved. Type of music (Rock, Classical)
    >>> Recording method (Digital, Analog). Just leveling each song to say a
    >>> -6 db level doesn't guarantee equal volume perception.
    >>> Songs are recorded with differing levels of companding & limiting.
    >>> Some tools allow you to do "Batch" analysis, where each songs content
    >>> are compared and a "Average" loudness value is determined.
    >>> Most Broadcasting uses extensive audio processing. This is how
    >>> Radio stations achieve that "Consistent" volume level and songs sound
    >>> different than when played from a CD.
    >>> I use a program, Adobe Audition (CoolEdit Pro) that has a number
    >>> of features to "Normalize/Colorize" audio. There are lots of free tools
    >>> available that will allow you to correct your collection's levels.
    >>> Just be sure to keep your original songs before Normalizing, since
    >>> using Lossy formats can result in some quality degradation.
    >>>
    >>> "Dmitry Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message

  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.music (More info?)

    Does audacity reencode MP3 to increase volume too?
    "marrie" <kales2@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > Try audacity I use it for normalise if I needd to. the lnk is
    > http://audacity.sourceforge.net/latest/audacity-win/audacity-win-1.2.3.exe. I
    > asume you are using windows.
    > "Dmitry Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message
    >>I want to normalize MP3 files downloaded from www.bbc.co.uk with radio
    >>programs. Some of them are very quiet. I tried to use dbpoweramp to
    >>normalize, but it does not change volume much. SoundForge 6 allows more
    >>options, but is inconvenient and takes much more time.
    >> "R. McCarty" <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    >>> Just do a Google for "Normalization". A very complicated process.
    >>> There are all kinds of factors involved. Type of music (Rock, Classical)
    >>> Recording method (Digital, Analog). Just leveling each song to say a
    >>> -6 db level doesn't guarantee equal volume perception.
    >>> Songs are recorded with differing levels of companding & limiting.
    >>> Some tools allow you to do "Batch" analysis, where each songs content
    >>> are compared and a "Average" loudness value is determined.
    >>> Most Broadcasting uses extensive audio processing. This is how
    >>> Radio stations achieve that "Consistent" volume level and songs sound
    >>> different than when played from a CD.
    >>> I use a program, Adobe Audition (CoolEdit Pro) that has a number
    >>> of features to "Normalize/Colorize" audio. There are lots of free tools
    >>> available that will allow you to correct your collection's levels.
    >>> Just be sure to keep your original songs before Normalizing, since
    >>> using Lossy formats can result in some quality degradation.
    >>>
    >>> "Dmitry Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message

  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.music (More info?)

    Does MP3 Gain use Fraunghofer or Blade, not Lame codec? The Panasonic states
    that my Panasonic SL-SV570 does not support Lame.
    "Airman Thunderbird" <airman.basic@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > MP3 Gain works well also:
    > http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/
    >

    > marrie wrote:
    >> Use CDex to reincode and set the volume to 100 or use audacity to
    >> amplify to 0.
    >> "Dmitry Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Hello
    >>>How to increase (normalize) audio level in a MP3 file fast?

  9. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.music (More info?)

    Thanks for replies.
    Do CDex and audacity use Fraunghofer or Blade, not Lame codec? The Panasonic
    states that my Panasonic SL-SV570 does not support Lame.
    Can CDex, MP3 Gain and audacity convert RealAudio to MP3?
    > Use CDex to reincode and set the volume to 100 or use audacity to amplify
    > to 0.
    > "Dmitry Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message
    >> Hello
    >> How to increase (normalize) audio level in a MP3 file fast?

  10. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.music (More info?)

    You can use ogg files also. but winamp is the only media player that will be
    able to play them.
    > Thanks for replies.
    > Do CDex and audacity use Fraunghofer or Blade, not Lame codec? The
    > Panasonic states that my Panasonic SL-SV570 does not support Lame.
    > Can CDex, MP3 Gain and audacity convert RealAudio to MP3?
    > "marrie" <kales2@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >> Use CDex to reincode and set the volume to 100 or use audacity to
    >> amplify to 0.
    >> "Dmitry Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message
    >>> Hello
    >>> How to increase (normalize) audio level in a MP3 file fast?

Music Microsoft Audio MP3 Windows XP