Screen distortion and flickers

alsohas

Honorable
Aug 17, 2012
I recently got a fresh win7 install on my desktop and after a couple days some extreme flickering and screen distortion appeared. I tried disabling and uninstalling certain drives, did rollbacks etc. the problem persists. Booted in safe mode and the screen didn't give me any trouble also during boot up everything is fine but the flickering goes on from the welcome screen. I have an onboard 4250 if that's relevant.
here's some pictures to give you an idea of the problem
0V2jc.jpg

3jXdA.jpg

Solution
Hi :)

Is this a Laptop ?

Anyway....

You DID install the Windows 7 graphics drivers after your install of course ???

Thats a refresh rate problem...

All the best Brett :)
So are you saying that prior to this fresh install of Windows the computer was running fine and the screen was not doing what you say it's doing now?
Has there been any changes and why was the fresh install done?
Have you installed the video drivers for the intergrated graphics chip? Did you install all of the chipset drivers from the motherboards install cd?

alsohas

Honorable
Aug 17, 2012

yes, everything was fine before the re-install, and i have gotten the latest drivers and updates. not from cd though
i actually had to do the reinstall because i accidently wiped out my hardrive while trying to partition it for linux
thanks for replying

yes this is a laptop, but im using an external monitor because my laptop screen had it's internal connector broken (just ordered some new connectors waiting for them to ship)
I got all the drivers..i think. I will try to look around for refresh rate solutions. thanks for your reply. prior to reading i didn't even know what kind of problem this was
cheers