Upgrading with multiple HDDs

G

Hey guys (and gals ;) ),

I'm thinking of upgrading my PC to Windows 8 from Windows 7. I've read that it keeps my programs, files, settings and user accounts etc. However I currently have a boot SSD and two HDDs, one of which has my user directory on it. What problems would upgrading to Windows 8 cause with this setup, if any? Thanks.

Solution
Firstly, you'd be the first one to do this and so we'll know what sort of problems we might come across in such scenarios.
Logically and from past installations, you will not have any problems, but, after the upgrade you will need to reassign the paths to you user directories on the secondary hdd.

On a slightly saner scale, logic would tell us to do a clean install on a new partition on one of the hdds since it is an OS in the making, it would really not be worth messing up a perfectly working rig full o personal and important data.

Firstly, you'd be the first one to do this and so we'll know what sort of problems we might come across in such scenarios.
Logically and from past installations, you will not have any problems, but, after the upgrade you will need to reassign the paths to you user directories on the secondary hdd.

On a slightly saner scale, logic would tell us to do a clean install on a new partition on one of the hdds since it is an OS in the making, it would really not be worth messing up a perfectly working rig full o personal and important data.

Solution
G

Thanks for the advice, I don't think I'll risk it haha.