Run-time error 339; MSWINSCK.OCX

For some time now I've been getting the error message
"Run-time error 339; component 'MSWINSCK.OCX' or one of it's dependencies
not correctly regestered. (File missing or invalid)"
as I log on to my account and, despite trying several standard procedures, I
havn't been able to fix the problem. I was wondering if anyone here could
help me with this?
2 answers Last reply
More about time error mswinsck

    Which standard procedures have you tried?

    "BlackCruiser" wrote:

    > For some time now I've been getting the error message
    > "Run-time error 339; component 'MSWINSCK.OCX' or one of it's dependencies
    > not correctly regestered. (File missing or invalid)"
    > as I log on to my account and, despite trying several standard procedures, I
    > havn't been able to fix the problem. I was wondering if anyone here could
    > help me with this?

    Searching for the file (it doesn't exsist), Then seeing if i could find it on
    a system disk (which I couldn't), I've also tried several of the other
    methods suggested for the other "339" error messages with no success.

    Another piece of information you may find useful is that I think it began to
    occour around the same time as i managed to clear i virus (i think it was the
    trojan Dropper.small.14.BS, i may be wrong though) off my system, so the two
    may be related.

    "usasma" wrote:

    > Which standard procedures have you tried?
    >
    > "BlackCruiser" wrote:
    >
    > > For some time now I've been getting the error message
    > > "Run-time error 339; component 'MSWINSCK.OCX' or one of it's dependencies
    > > not correctly regestered. (File missing or invalid)"
    > > as I log on to my account and, despite trying several standard procedures, I
    > > havn't been able to fix the problem. I was wondering if anyone here could
    > > help me with this?

Microsoft Components Windows XP