which mobile graphics are more powerful

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 256mb 8600m gt is DDR2, while the 512mb version is DDR3...or something of that nature.
Either way, there is a fast and slow version of the 8600m gt. I don't know if ati has the same kind of setup, i'm not familiar with ati mobile gpu's. i just stick with the nvidia ones, they perform better.

That's actually backwards from what I have noticed. The lower amount is of the faster variety. I also don't know if ATI is similar or if the HD3650 comes in a 256mb variant. Since the 3650 is a little bit better than the 8600mGT to begin with, I would imagine the 512mb 3650 would be faster than the 256mb DDR3 8600mGT.

the 8600 memory speed versus capacity trips me up alot, it's beyond me.

Anyway, I'd say that the order is the 9500M GS>HD3650 DDR3>8600M GT DDR3
Really, though, these cards get pretty darn cozy with each other in terms of performance.

You could almost say that the 8700mGT was a con because all it was was an OC'd 8600mGT. Certain companies wanted almost a $100 premium for an OC'd card, which you could easily do with nTune or such. I believe the 9 series of mobile GPUs was pretty much a die shrink with a little added performance boost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS