Compressed Folders

I need to create an XP compressed file from
VBA code in Access. However, it seems that
the XP compression facilities have been disabled
with the installation of WinZip on my machine,
at least from the normal shortcut menus.

Is there an XP module that can be called that
will create a "zip" file?

Thanks,
Bill
1 answer Last reply
More about compressed folders

    Winzip preempts the Windows zip capabilities unless YOU tell it NOT to
    during the install. Now you have to check your Winzip options/preferences to
    see if you can change it's behavior.

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban

    "Bill" <stanton@jps.net> wrote in message
    >I need to create an XP compressed file from
    > VBA code in Access. However, it seems that
    > the XP compression facilities have been disabled
    > with the installation of WinZip on my machine,
    > at least from the normal shortcut menus.
    >
    > Is there an XP module that can be called that
    > will create a "zip" file?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bill

Windows XP Compression Microsoft