Auto Run won't run-- Can't Install

The Auto run for Halo and AOM will not run, I get an error: MS Games
AutoRun/Setup has encountered... in module "mgsxx.exe" and "ebuxx.exe"
(respectively). I have tried to submit an email to MS directly, but since I
can't get the game installed, I can't give them the ID number they want. AOM
was installed to old 98 machine and worked great.

Hi,

"Kissoff50" <Kissoff50@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EB6377A-368A-447F-B5C8-7401548C5812@microsoft.com...
| The Auto run for Halo and AOM will not run, I get an error: MS Games
| AutoRun/Setup has encountered... in module "mgsxx.exe" and "ebuxx.exe"
| (respectively). I have tried to submit an email to MS directly, but since I
| can't get the game installed, I can't give them the ID number they want. AOM
| was installed to old 98 machine and worked great.

Sounds like a good reason to repair your Windows installation
(The CD's work right? So it's not a problem with the game CD's themselves)

If this doesn't work, you might have a problem with your CD player itself.

How To Repair Windows:
Unplug from your Internet connection, and then repair Windows:
using this method: http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

Afterwards, boot up your system, turn on your XP Internet Firewall,
plug back into your Internet connection and install all Critical and
Recommended updates from: http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms