pandy

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2005

Hi guys. All the colours on my screen are really grainy and blocky. I have
tried system restore but it won't restore! Any ideas anyone????

In news:644033EC-B2A3-4339-B3DC-C9DB6AB50D50@microsoft.com,
pandy <pandy@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> Hi guys. All the colours on my screen are really grainy and
> blocky. I
> have tried system restore but it won't restore! Any ideas
> anyone????

Right-click on the desktop and choose Properties. Go to the
settings tab, and report back on what choice has been made under
"Color quality" and what other choices there are in the drop-down
box. Also what choice has been made under "Monitor"?

If there's no better Color quality choice available than what you
have, you may not be using the correct driver for your video card
or monitor.

Please reply to the newsgroup

If you havent already, check the resolutions and color quality. If they are
all set correctly then you can also check the monitor refresh rate. If none
of that helps then there may be a video problem or monitor problem.

"pandy" wrote:

> Hi guys. All the colours on my screen are really grainy and blocky. I have
> tried system restore but it won't restore! Any ideas anyone????

sounds like it is set to something like 16 colours - try uninstalling your
video card drivers, restart the pc, and let windows redetect the video card.

If problem remains, go to the web site for your card's maker, download the
latest driver, install it, restart, and see if that makes a difference.