Scapegoat_1

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2003
I have a question about ram maybe you all could help me with. When it comes to buying ram, would it not be more feasible to buy cheaper DDR memory considering that one can get twice as much for the same price as the more expensive brands? I understand that there are differences in quality, but is that difference enough to make it more feasible to buy half as much ram? It would seem that 1024mb of ram from some generic company would serve me better than 512k from a known manufacturer, but I could be wrong considering I don't know much about these things. Thanks for any info.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Scapegoat_1 on 03/15/04 11:53 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

BlGGUS_DlCKUS

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2004
You´re right, but if you´ll be overclocking your system, memory is often the weakest link. That´s why people are willing to pay so much more for quality, to get the system stable at high speed and low timings.

If you´re running at default speed, you might aswell get a cheaper brand, and go for double the amount eg. 1024MB.

---
<A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=profile&mode=viewprofile&internal=1&username=BlGGUS_DlCKUS" target="_new"><font color=red>Specs</font color=red></A>