MN-100 feature

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Is there a way to setup bandwidth limitations on the MN-100
router? Our connection is 1500k downstream and 384k
upstream. It would be nice to split the connection among 2
computers so that each gets a constant 700k downstream and
192k upstream.

Thanks.

Keep in mind your ISP is going to regulate the signal strength of your
account, and within your LAN the difference between the two connections
should really be unnoticeable. Most times, like perhaps downloading two
files simultaneously with the machines, you're probably going to be
exceeding with the combined speed the speed which a single computer will get
by itself.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP

"Bob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to setup bandwidth limitations on the MN-100
> router? Our connection is 1500k downstream and 384k
> upstream. It would be nice to split the connection among 2
> computers so that each gets a constant 700k downstream and
> 192k upstream.
>
> Thanks.

The MN100 doesn't have traffic shaping capabilities (truth be told, it's not
a feature found on residential level routers).

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -