USB Mouse stopped functioning - device manager issue

dragnalus

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2009
Hello,

Using Windows 7 on my 3 year old homebuilt system. My 2 year old Logitech gaming mouse suddenly stopped functioning. Upon bootup, the mouse works for about 20 seconds, then the device driver disables it and lists it in the USB list as "unknown device". It works on my other computer just fine, so I don't think the issue is with the mouse itself.

Why is the device manager doing this, and how do I enable it?

Cheers!

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Possibly software.

Try reinstalling the mouse software and try another usb port just incase the port youre using is faulting.

If reinstalling mouse software doesnt work try system restore to rule out any other possible conflicts with any recent software that was installed.

dragnalus

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2009
thanks. tried various USB slots and they all work for other devices, but not for this mouse. I'll try downloading the driver, however logitech seems to want users to download a whole fancy software package called "setpoint" which seems unhelpful. I'll fish around the logitech site some more for a real driver... thanks again for your help!

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Noworries :)

Drivers may help, Logitech are pretty good with their software packages and usually worry free uninstalling if youre not impressed.

If youre still running into problems let us know and hopefully someone with more experience with your problem can help.