Display Control Panel & Desktop problems

First time dealing with anything like this... Originally, I had the
problem with the "System Stopped" desktop screen. Removed desktop.html
and the webpage entries in the Display control panel. I can still see
my wallpaper when my system is booting up, but as soon as the desktop
icons appear, the desktop reverts to white. In the Display control
panel, the option to select an image for the background is grayed out,
and impossible to select. The only option is to select a color. Any
ideas?

By the way, ewido, Adaware, HijackThis, MS AntiSpyware, Sysclean, and
Spybot all return normal results...

--
bbogert

bbogert wrote:
> First time dealing with anything like this... Originally, I
> had the problem with the "System Stopped" desktop screen.
> Removed desktop.html and the webpage entries in the Display
> control panel. I can still see my wallpaper when my system
> is booting up, but as soon as the desktop icons appear, the
> desktop reverts to white. In the Display control panel, the
> option to select an image for the background is grayed out,
> and impossible to select. The only option is to select a
> color. Any ideas?
>
> By the way, ewido, Adaware, HijackThis, MS AntiSpyware,
> Sysclean, and Spybot all return normal results...

You might want to go to this web site and run the registry fix
listed on the right hand side of line 142:

Nepatsfan