IE Script Error in OE when trying to print--Hey MVPs--Help..

June 20, 2005 6:48:03 PM

This erro is all over the web and nobody seems to no what to do about it. I
think it came in last week when I downloaded the latest patches from MS.
Can't be sure, but anyhow, it was around long before last week--I've found
references to 2002 and it seems to be system independent. I run XP Home,
SP2, all updates. I run a very clean system, scan the daylights out of
viruses, adware, trojans, etc with about six different programs. I keep temp
files and IE caches cleaned out. But here it is

------------------------------Here's an example from a few weeks ago on
www.smartcomputing.com---------------------
Sent: 5/24/2005 1:04 AM
Q. When I try to print from Outlook Express V.6 I get the above error
message. OS is XP-SP2
An error has occurred in the script on this page
Line: 1344
Char: 1
Error: Unspecified error
Code: 0

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?
Yes/No

No matter what you answer you get nothing. No print dialog box appears and
it happens regardless of the type of printer or no printer.

Now I've got it. Does MS have anything on this? I've seen a couple of
"fixes" that involve massive, scary Registry messing around. If it's that
bad doesn't someone have a VBS script around that can fix it?

MVPs--we need you badly on this one.

Thank you all for your time and effort.

Thank you for your help,

benedict1
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 10:07:59 PM

See replies to your post in IE6 Browser newsgroup.

Please, if you must post the same message to more than one newsgroup,
crosspost one (1) message to them all.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

benedict1 wrote:
> This erro is all over the web and nobody seems to no what to do about it.
> I think it came in last week when I downloaded the latest patches from MS.
> Can't be sure, but anyhow, it was around long before last week--I've found
> references to 2002 and it seems to be system independent. I run XP Home,
> SP2, all updates. I run a very clean system, scan the daylights out of
> viruses, adware, trojans, etc with about six different programs. I keep
> temp files and IE caches cleaned out.
<snip>
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 10:08:00 PM

I apologize. Most of us don't really know what's going on with Windows and
without your help it is bloody well impossible to function with it. If it
wasn't for the MVPs there would be one great big bunch of Linux and MAC users.

I had no idea what Cross Posting was or where it was until you sent this to
me. I'll not make the mistake again.
--
Thank you for your help,

benedict1

"PA Bear" wrote:

> See replies to your post in IE6 Browser newsgroup.
>
> Please, if you must post the same message to more than one newsgroup,
> crosspost one (1) message to them all.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security
>

> benedict1 wrote:
> > This erro is all over the web and nobody seems to no what to do about it.
> > I think it came in last week when I downloaded the latest patches from MS.
> > Can't be sure, but anyhow, it was around long before last week--I've found
> > references to 2002 and it seems to be system independent. I run XP Home,
> > SP2, all updates. I run a very clean system, scan the daylights out of
> > viruses, adware, trojans, etc with about six different programs. I keep
> > temp files and IE caches cleaned out.
> <snip>

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 10:08:01 PM

And who helps the Linux and MAC users? :-D

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:00C3A070-931F-4B51-BBCE-94C8CB6966D9@microsoft.com,
benedict1 <benedict1@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> I apologize. Most of us don't really know what's going on with Windows
> and without your help it is bloody well impossible to function with it.
> If it wasn't for the MVPs there would be one great big bunch of Linux and
> MAC users.
>
> I had no idea what Cross Posting was or where it was until you sent this
> to me. I'll not make the mistake again.
> --
> Thank you for your help,
>
> benedict1
>

> "PA Bear" wrote:
>
>> See replies to your post in IE6 Browser newsgroup.
>>
>> Please, if you must post the same message to more than one newsgroup,
>> crosspost one (1) message to them all.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security
>>

>> benedict1 wrote:
>>> This erro is all over the web and nobody seems to no what to do about
>>> it. I think it came in last week when I downloaded the latest patches
>>> from MS. Can't be sure, but anyhow, it was around long before last
>>> week--I've found references to 2002 and it seems to be system
>>> independent. I run XP Home, SP2, all updates. I run a very clean
>>> system, scan the daylights out of viruses, adware, trojans, etc with
>>> about six different programs. I keep temp files and IE caches cleaned
>>> out.
>> <snip>
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 12:30:04 PM

They have their own little world!
http://www.apple.com/support/dotmac/

Wesley Vogel wrote:

> And who helps the Linux and MAC users? :-D

Anonymous
June 21, 2005 2:06:31 PM

Looks like an on-line version of Help or the Mac manual.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User