Desktop Icon Wont Perma-Delete

I've deleted an icon for a folder on my Windows XP Professional desktop at
least 10 times, probably more over the last year. It re-appears at random
and is empty. I tried deleting it from Command, but it said the folder
didn't exist, however "dir" said it did. I'm really lost here as to how to
make this icon go away.
1 answer Last reply
More about desktop icon wont perma delete

    Hi,

    From the command prompt, try:

    RD /s /q <directory_name>

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "ElanVital" <ElanVital@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I've deleted an icon for a folder on my Windows XP Professional desktop at
    > least 10 times, probably more over the last year. It re-appears at random
    > and is empty. I tried deleting it from Command, but it said the folder
    > didn't exist, however "dir" said it did. I'm really lost here as to how
    > make this icon go away.

Desktops Windows XP