CD Writing wizard won't write to CD

CD writing wizard won't write to CD

I am creating backup folders to be sent to the Win. XP Home Edition
file queue for burning to CD. When I click Write These Files To CD and
put a CD in the F drive, I get a message that "there is no disk in the
drive", when it is really there(in the drive). Then my computer
freezes. I have to re-install Windows with the help of the Dell tech,
so have to get these files backed up before doing so. My computer was
automatically shutting down after about 10 minutes, so have checked
everything out with the Dell techs and now is the time to re-install,
but can't without my backed up disks. Help!! :confused: kulan

--
kulan
2 answers Last reply

    Are you trying to write this files from the same computer ? I see that you
    are trying to fix an issue with this computer and hope the issue has not
    affected Windows XP CD writing feature too.

    Few things that can be tried:

    Does the drive read any CDs ?
    Do you have any other CD writing software to try ?
    have you tried a different media ? I mean a different disk.
    Access Start | Run | Services.msc. Stop IMAPI service and start it again
    before burning a CD.

    --
    JonyBrv

    "kulan" wrote:

    > CD writing wizard won't write to CD
    >
    > I am creating backup folders to be sent to the Win. XP Home Edition
    > file queue for burning to CD. When I click Write These Files To CD and
    > put a CD in the F drive, I get a message that "there is no disk in the
    > drive", when it is really there(in the drive). Then my computer
    > freezes. I have to re-install Windows with the help of the Dell tech,
    > so have to get these files backed up before doing so. My computer was
    > automatically shutting down after about 10 minutes, so have checked
    > everything out with the Dell techs and now is the time to re-install,
    > but can't without my backed up disks. Help!! :confused: kulan
    >

    > --
    > kulan

    You say your system is crashing after about 10 minutes of use. That sounds
    like an overheating issue. Check that out before you reinstall XP because if
    the system is overheating you will need to address that or run the risk of
    frying your CPU.

    You might find that third party software helps you to do the backup. This is
    freeware and works great http://www.cdburnerxp.se/
    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    "kulan" <kulan.1qy7po@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > CD writing wizard won't write to CD
    >
    > I am creating backup folders to be sent to the Win. XP Home Edition
    > file queue for burning to CD. When I click Write These Files To CD and
    > put a CD in the F drive, I get a message that "there is no disk in the
    > drive", when it is really there(in the drive). Then my computer
    > freezes. I have to re-install Windows with the help of the Dell tech,
    > so have to get these files backed up before doing so. My computer was
    > automatically shutting down after about 10 minutes, so have checked
    > everything out with the Dell techs and now is the time to re-install,
    > but can't without my backed up disks. Help!! :confused: kulan
    >

    > --
    > kulan

CD-Rom Windows XP