Memory Issues

jmtanner1979

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2004
Hello,

I recently bought some components for a computer and I assembled everything, hit the power switch, get the one beep all OK, then I get this siren type noise (repeating beeping). So I look at the BIOS beeps on a website for the Award BIOS beeps and I find this is what happens when you have a memory failure or memory not inserted properly. I check the memory and reseat it to make sure it is in there and try it again, no good. I try some PC2100 memory from my machine and I get the same error. So here is the system I am trying to get up and running, if someone has some ideas I would greatly appreciate them.

Biostar M7ncd Mobo
Asus Radeon 9200SE 128MB Video Card
Lite ON 52X32X52 CD-R
AMD 2500/333 Athlon XP Barton
Samsung 7200RPM 40GB HD SP0411N
AOPEN DVD 16X
and... 2X Kingston ValueRAM 184 Pin 256MB DDR PC-2700

Thanks in advance for the help/advice
Regards,
John Tanner

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Memory failure is a repeated beep, single tone. If it's a high/low beep like a siren, it indicates a SHORT CIRCUIT!

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

jmtanner1979

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2004
Reseated the CPU and I am loading Windows as we speak. Thanks for putting me on the right path there, I was getting a little nervous about the RAM. I must have had something touching or seated wrong, that alarm sounding siren thing was pretty disconcerting. Thanks again for the help, the efforts that you put forth are greatly appreciated.