Windows 7 no internet connection

patlav3

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012
Hello, I keep getting DNS server not responding , have changed IP address couple of time, flused the DNS and did a renew still cant connect

patlav3

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012

my router is set to 192.168.1.1
My desktop has windows 7 and connected to an Action tec M1424wr router, PC was working fine Fri night, Sat morning started getting DNS server not responding. did an ipconfig /all then ipconfig /flushdns then ipcon //renew . tried changing the ip address for the dns server in control panel. rebooted still same problem went back in to control panel and changed to auto obtain ip and dns and again closed and reboot. same error.. the little icon on bottom right of monitor clears the yellow triangle for about 10 seconds then when I try to enter a website such as cnn.com the yellow triangle comes back then cannot get to internet.
My laptop uses the same router for the internet and am able to connect no problem.
what els should I be looking at doing I am not savvy enough to delve into changing alot of things comfortably

thanks for responding,

skyscell

Honorable
Aug 21, 2012
I was having a similar issue on my toshiba P755, All other computers on the network where working find. Couldn't find the problem or a fix for the Issue. Did a system restore to the last restore point and is working find now. If you have a restore point that may be an option for you.