Hidden folder problem

June 21, 2005 1:05:44 AM

I have some folders that have a HIDDEN attribute. I cannot get then to
display in Powerdesk Pro even though the Hide System Files preferance is
turned off. They DO display in Windows Explorer. Is there any way to turn
off the Hidden attribute??. It is greyed out in Properties.

More about : hidden folder problem

Anonymous
June 21, 2005 1:57:30 AM

Frank,

Not familiar with these commands but this link looks like your solution.

Drew

"Frank" <fjmet@amisp.net> wrote in message
>I have some folders that have a HIDDEN attribute. I cannot get then to
>display in Powerdesk Pro even though the Hide System Files preferance is
>turned off. They DO display in Windows Explorer. Is there any way to turn
>off the Hidden attribute??. It is greyed out in Properties.

Anonymous
June 21, 2005 2:03:06 PM

Goto Command Shell
Change to that drive and downto that folder.
Type:
ATTRIB -H [filename]
or type the following for help
ATTRIB /?