How can i get more channels

dominic030

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2004
I have an All in wonder 9600 card. The cable is plugged directly into it. The cable box is in the other room. I only get the 50 basic cable channels that you can recieve without the need of the box. Is there a way i can get the totally amount of channels my card allows? Do i need to get a box for my room with the computer and run it through that?... Or is there another way? Please help

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Your cable box is a descrambler. Your card isn't. If your card had a descrambler, you could steal all the pay channels!

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Answered in your original thread in graphics cards section, but Crashman pretty much said it all.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil: