Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

How to re-install services "Wireless Zero Configuration" o..

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
June 21, 2005 3:44:21 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

HI,

I have using window XP Pro with SP2
I have uninstall the Wireless Component before
And I find the Services "Wireless Zero Configuration" is disappear
So, how can I get it back

Regards,

Sean
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
June 21, 2005 3:44:22 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

You can install it manually. Check the procedure here:

http://www14.brinkster.com/hawked/network/WZCService.ht...
--
JonyBrv


"SEAN" wrote:

> HI,
>
> I have using window XP Pro with SP2
> I have uninstall the Wireless Component before
> And I find the Services "Wireless Zero Configuration" is disappear
> So, how can I get it back
>
> Regards,
>
> Sean
>
>
>
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
June 21, 2005 3:44:23 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Forgot to mention, if prompted for Windows XP SP2 CD, provide the location as:

C:\Windows\servicepackfiles\i386
--
JonyBrv


"Jonybrv" wrote:

> You can install it manually. Check the procedure here:
>
> http://www14.brinkster.com/hawked/network/WZCService.ht...
> --
> JonyBrv
>
>
> "SEAN" wrote:
>
> > HI,
> >
> > I have using window XP Pro with SP2
> > I have uninstall the Wireless Component before
> > And I find the Services "Wireless Zero Configuration" is disappear
> > So, how can I get it back
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Sean
> >
> >
> >
Related resources
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
August 5, 2005 2:14:06 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Hi,

The link appears to be broken. Do you have an updated one?


--
stevo_inco
Posted via http://ms-os.com Forum to Usenet gateway
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
August 5, 2005 11:10:07 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

thread seems missing here...

so best guess
to install wzc service assuming sp2

network properties
Local Area Conn Properties
Install button select Services
push Add
Have Disk
Browse to C:\WINDOWS\inf\netwzc.inf


"stevo_inco" <stevo_inco.1taria@no-mx.gateway.localhost> wrote in message
news:stevo_inco.1taria@no-mx.gateway.localhost...
>
> Hi,
>
> The link appears to be broken. Do you have an updated one?
>
>
> --
> stevo_inco
> Posted via http://ms-os.com Forum to Usenet gateway
>
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
August 5, 2005 11:20:40 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Well, shoot. I was actually kind of hoping it would give instructions on
how to un-install it first. :p  I've got an XP machine where the WZC
service starts and then exits with a "Code 11 (0xb)". Haven't found a
solution, but I ended up working around it. Thanks for your reply!


--
stevo_inco
Posted via http://ms-os.com Forum to Usenet gateway
June 25, 2014 1:43:58 AM

Anonymous said:
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Forgot to mention, if prompted for Windows XP SP2 CD, provide the location as:

C:\Windows\servicepackfiles\i386
--
JonyBrv


"Jonybrv" wrote:

> You can install it manually. Check the procedure here:
>
> http://www14.brinkster.com/hawked/network/WZCService.ht...
> --
> JonyBrv
>
>
> "SEAN" wrote:
>
> > HI,
> >
> > I have using window XP Pro with SP2
> > I have uninstall the Wireless Component before
> > And I find the Services "Wireless Zero Configuration" is disappear
> > So, how can I get it back
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Sean
> >
> >
> >


!