How to re-install services "Wireless Zero Configuration" o..

HI,

I have using window XP Pro with SP2
I have uninstall the Wireless Component before
And I find the Services "Wireless Zero Configuration" is disappear
So, how can I get it back

Regards,

Sean
6 answers Last reply
More about install services wireless configuration

    You can install it manually. Check the procedure here:

    http://www14.brinkster.com/hawked/network/WZCService.htm
    --
    JonyBrv

    "SEAN" wrote:

    > HI,
    >
    > I have using window XP Pro with SP2
    > I have uninstall the Wireless Component before
    > And I find the Services "Wireless Zero Configuration" is disappear
    > So, how can I get it back
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Sean

    Forgot to mention, if prompted for Windows XP SP2 CD, provide the location as:

    C:\Windows\servicepackfiles\i386
    --
    JonyBrv

    "Jonybrv" wrote:

    > You can install it manually. Check the procedure here:
    >
    > http://www14.brinkster.com/hawked/network/WZCService.htm
    > --
    > JonyBrv
    >

    > "SEAN" wrote:
    >
    > > HI,
    > >
    > > I have using window XP Pro with SP2
    > > I have uninstall the Wireless Component before
    > > And I find the Services "Wireless Zero Configuration" is disappear
    > > So, how can I get it back
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > >
    > > Sean

    Hi,

    The link appears to be broken. Do you have an updated one?

    --
    stevo_inco

    thread seems missing here...

    so best guess
    to install wzc service assuming sp2

    network properties
    Local Area Conn Properties
    Install button select Services
    push Add
    Have Disk
    Browse to C:\WINDOWS\inf\netwzc.inf

    "stevo_inco" <stevo_inco.1taria@no-mx.gateway.localhost> wrote in message

    > Hi,
    >
    > The link appears to be broken. Do you have an updated one?
    >

    > --
    > stevo_inco

    Well, shoot. I was actually kind of hoping it would give instructions on
    how to un-install it first. :P I've got an XP machine where the WZC
    service starts and then exits with a "Code 11 (0xb)". Haven't found a
    solution, but I ended up working around it. Thanks for your reply!

    --
    stevo_inco

    "Jonybrv" wrote:

    > You can install it manually. Check the procedure here:
    >
    > http://www14.brinkster.com/hawked/network/WZCService.htm
    > --
    > JonyBrv
    >

    > "SEAN" wrote:
    >
    > > HI,
    > >
    > > I have using window XP Pro with SP2
    > > I have uninstall the Wireless Component before
    > > And I find the Services "Wireless Zero Configuration" is disappear
    > > So, how can I get it back
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > >
    > > Sean

Wireless Configuration Windows XP