Windows 7 theme loss

hi all, so i just turned on my pc today and the windows 7 basic areo theme came up insted of the top quality theme and when i opened ie9 i noiced the greyt theme was comming up on the windows, then another 30 seconds later the bottom bar when all grey, i went o controll panel and it has greyed out the areo theme (blanked it out so i can click on it) , i have been on some other sites and they are telling me to trouble shoot it witch i have, but windows can't find any problems at all! i have made sure the setting is on best looking and i have tryed all the other settings aswell, is there anyway i can get the areo theme back? please help me
cheers
luke :( :hello: :??: :sarcastic: :)
6 answers Last reply
More about windows theme loss
  1. Right click on desktop and go to personalize, now click on "Windows 7" under Aero Themes and see if that works.
  2. Check this to see if the following are running:

(Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services)

Themes
    Desktop Windows Manager
  3. i just tryed that and itstill comes up with it blanked out :( any other ideas?
  4. Hi :)

Is it a LEGAL copy of Windows ???

All the best Brett :)
  5. you are a windows god! thanks sooo much, there is a place for you in heaven :) thanks again :)
  6. thelukei said:
    you are a windows god! thanks sooo much, there is a place for you in heaven :) thanks again :)

I assume that means it's all working good now. :D Cheers!
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Windows 7 Basic