Wireless Network Help!

diesel96

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012
Hello, i am having problems with my laptop that i just put a fresh windows 7 home premium install on. The wifi card is a 802.11bgn + bluetooth combo. It is not showing up in device manager and i dont know the brand to look for drivers. What can i do?

Laptop : IBUYPOWER CZ-12http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/espec.aspx?eid=156112

IF you scroll down you can see the card.

Thanks in advanced.

Maxx_Power

Distinguished

Best thing to do is, to go to device manager and see if there are any devices listed that has a yellow (or red) icon next to it indicating that the device doesn't have proper drivers loaded or isn't working properly.

your Wifi device will be listed (if the hardware is recognized) as either unknown or network device with a yellow (or red, worse) icon next to it. Right click on it, and it may recognize the brand, if not, you will have to check out its hardware IDs from the drop down list box and paste that into google to find out what card that is, and who made it to get the drivers.

OR, usually the wireless cards are easily accessible from the back of the laptop via a small plastic panel. Check to see if any panels on the back of the computer hides the wifi card. it will have a few antennas attached to it, and about the size of 1x1 inches or 1x2 inches.

OR, check in the manual. It should have a list of devices in the computer, to find out who made the wifi card.

OR, at the back of the laptop, there is a sticker about the wifi card. If you still have this sticker, it *might* tell you who made the card, and the model. Usually this sticker is the sticker that contains the FCC ID for wifi communications.

-Try those.

diesel96

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012
5xzxe.png
this is what my device manager look like

Maxx_Power

Distinguished

There you go, you got a whole bunch of devices not recognized. The network adapter seems like the wifi device. BUT, you should download all of the drivers and install them all to make sure your computer has every device functioning.

Try that site edogawa posted earlier. That seems like the quickest route.

Test the Intel site first, then we can go from there.

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/wireless

diesel96

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012

diesel96

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012

Sorry I failed to mention this earlier but I am on a different computer and the computer I need the drivers for can't connect to the internet.

Alright, can you get your laptop and plug the Ethernet cable into it so you can try, just use the Ethernet cable to the PC your own right now if need be?

diesel96

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012

Tried that but it still refuses to connect to the internet

Call Technical Support they should help you find the drivers for your specific model; I need to know the specific WLAN model number.

Technical Support Hours:
Mon - Fri: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm PST

Toll Free: (888) 618-6040
Phone: (626)228-1171

You're computer should have come with a CD that had drivers on it too; try that. What about a manual that says specific model number?

diesel96

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012

Ok I'll do that on Monday if I need to, but should I try that driver on a USB anyway?

Model #= PBL21

diesel96

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012

Ok, I don't believe it came with one but I don't have access to the box it came in at the moment. On iBuyPower's website it says the model number is PBL21

Maxx_Power

Distinguished

Because your ethernet card is also listed in the device manager as not installed.

Do you have a restore CD or similar ?

If not, right click on the wireless (or ethernet) and look at its Device IDs, those IDs will track down exactly what brand/model card you have if you google the Device IDs.