Closed

Are you planning to buy a High Def DVD player?

HD-DVD is here and Blu-Ray is coming. Is your wallet ready?
6 answers Last reply
More about planning high player
  1. I'm getting a PS3, so Blu-ray for me. Whether or not it "wins the format war" will be of little consequence to me as long as the system offers everything Sony claims. However, it will certainly help. The only difference from a consumer perspective that I can see is the level of interactivity (BD-J being arguably more so) and the ability to fit more content, or at least the same content at a higher bit rate.
  2. I was personally thinking about taking a look at the hybrid player that LG is supposedly coming out with. It's supposed to support both formats.
  3. Quote:
    I was personally thinking about taking a look at the hybrid player that LG is supposedly coming out with. It's supposed to support both formats.

I'm thinking this is going to be the final result of the war. Everyone is going to end up being able to play both, especially since they are both based on blue laser technology. Kinda how current DVD players can handle CD's and DVD's.
  4. Quote:
    I was personally thinking about taking a look at the hybrid player that LG is supposedly coming out with. It's supposed to support both formats.

I'm thinking this is going to be the final result of the war. Everyone is going to end up being able to play both, especially since they are both based on blue laser technology. Kinda how current DVD players can handle CD's and DVD's.

Yeah, and this isn't the first format to have players / recorders that work with multiple formats... think CD-RW and CD+RW... and then DVD-/+R[W] DL... DVD-RAM... I can't wait to see the CD+/-RW, DVD-RAM, DVD+/-R[W] DL, Blue Ray +/-/=/@ R[W] DL, HD-DVD+/-/!/~R[W] DL.... burners that will be coming in the future.

What a mess...
  5. What a mess indeed.

With 25GB disk how long is it going to take to burn one of these disk?
  6. This topic has been closed by Reynod
Ask a new question

Read More

Polls DVD DVD Players HD Blu-ray Tom's Guide