Installing pgms not working for all users

Greetings.
It's confusing for me at this point trying to understand why installing
MusicMatch Jukebox would work for admins, but not the limited users. Some
programs actually ask if the installation is for me only, or for all on this
computer, but MMJB didn't ask. When trying to open MMJB from a limited
account, it says that a higher level of access is required to use this
program. I would love to know how to purposefully set some programs not to
run for the limited accounts, but in this case I'd like to know how to get
it to work for the limited accounts.
Thank you for your help.
B.rgds,
Kevin

"General Mailbox" <nospam@home.net> wrote in message
> Greetings.
> It's confusing for me at this point trying to understand why
> installing
> MusicMatch Jukebox would work for admins, but not the limited users.
> Some
> programs actually ask if the installation is for me only, or for all
> on this
> computer, but MMJB didn't ask. When trying to open MMJB from a
> limited
> account, it says that a higher level of access is required to use this
> program. I would love to know how to purposefully set some programs
> not to
> run for the limited accounts, but in this case I'd like to know how to
> get
> it to work for the limited accounts.

How to set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions in
Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308418

--
William

Errors running Musicmatch Jukebox from Win XP limited user accounts:
http://wwws.musicmatch.com/faq/ERR011.htm
http://www.rickrogers.org/xpsware.htm

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

Windows XP Troubleshooting
http://www.winhelponline.com

"General Mailbox" <nospam@home.net> wrote in message
> Greetings.
> It's confusing for me at this point trying to understand why installing
> MusicMatch Jukebox would work for admins, but not the limited users. Some
> programs actually ask if the installation is for me only, or for all on
> this
> computer, but MMJB didn't ask. When trying to open MMJB from a limited
> account, it says that a higher level of access is required to use this
> program. I would love to know how to purposefully set some programs not
> run for the limited accounts, but in this case I'd like to know how to get
> it to work for the limited accounts.
> Thank you for your help.
> B.rgds,
> Kevin

Thanks for the references from both of you!
None of the things tried worked. Tried:
Click the View tab, and then clear the Use simple file sharing [Recommended]
check box in the Advanced settings box and...
I have checked the Inherit from parent the permission entries that apply to
child objects. Include these with entries explicitly defined here check box
and Everyone is already listed with the Allow boxes checked.
I'm starting to wonder if there is a "service" that I might have disabled
back a long time ago. Any services need to be enabled for this to work? I
can check that then.
Thanks.
Kevin