Sign in with
Your question

Best video game recording software.

Last response: in Windows 7
August 19, 2012 12:59:23 AM

So what would the best video game recording software be?

i've dabbled with fraps and playclaw and i have to say i did not enjoy using either.

i would like it to be easy to use but not take too much of a hit from my framerate.

my computer specs are

i5 2400
asrock b75 pro 3
8gb of ram
nvidia 560 ti.

Samsung 830 120gb
1 tb wd harddrive

games i'm recording would be arma 2 (the dayz mod) SC2 xcom when it comes out and anything else i feel like.
August 21, 2012 1:28:18 AM

FRAPS is a poor choice by todays standards...

MSI Afterburner is far superior. Its free, has multicore support so it has very very little impact on your FPS when you record, outputs high quality and SMALL file sizes as well. the options are easy to understand and the software also includes monitoring and overclocking support for your videocard. FRAPS is a CPU hog, causes FPS loss in games... outputs enormous file sizes and splits up recordings into multiple files forcing you to recombine them in editing software afterwards. plus it costs like 35$...

download MSI Afterburner and be happy
http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm
m
l
Related resources
August 22, 2012 2:10:30 AM

reehay said:
FRAPS is a poor choice by todays standards...

MSI Afterburner is far superior. Its free, has multicore support so it has very very little impact on your FPS when you record, outputs high quality and SMALL file sizes as well. the options are easy to understand and the software also includes monitoring and overclocking support for your videocard. FRAPS is a CPU hog, causes FPS loss in games... outputs enormous file sizes and splits up recordings into multiple files forcing you to recombine them in editing software afterwards. plus it costs like 35$...

download MSI Afterburner and be happy
http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm

i had no idea msi afterburner had a recording feature!
m
l
May 22, 2013 6:29:25 AM

Fraps is outdated now. You can try D3DGear, it is the best recording software right now, it has both recording and broadcasting functions.
m
l
August 18, 2013 2:26:19 AM

Hello,

You can use D3D Gear to record the videos.It will help you to record your videos in HD quality.You can also try it free for 15 days and cost is too less as compare to other softwares.It will definitely enhance your gaming experience.
m
l
August 30, 2013 7:34:05 AM

hey i have a problem recording need for speed hot pursuit the video i record only shows the screen black
please help me as i want to create a video and upload it on youtube
m
l
August 31, 2013 8:12:11 AM

Hello,

May i know which software are you using now to record need for speed?
m
l
December 1, 2013 5:57:50 PM

i suggest you use Mirillis Action! or D3Dgear
m
l
January 20, 2014 5:07:14 AM

try http://grabilla.com - video capturing app
instant capture, video upload and sharing.
m
l
May 22, 2014 10:56:17 PM

I personally like Bandicam. It encodes the video so the filesize is small and less lag is caused by writing lots of data to your drive. It has presets for YouTube and several codec options. It can record the mic and PC audio at the same time and it's updated often with new features.
m
l
May 23, 2014 2:09:27 AM

Try Razer Game Booster, not quite a charming , but will do the work. with a few settings for frames, quality and stuff.
m
l
May 25, 2014 10:23:47 AM

There's Fraps is the best the only problem is he's takes alors of fps from the games but acording to your Specs it will be perfect for you.
I'm a youtuber two here's my channel youtube.com/user/xxRaBii123AbLexx i have 2k subs.If you want we can some videos
m
l
!