Windows XP and Bluetooth

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Hi All,

I use Win-XP with SP1 in One of my PC and other PC has Win-XP with SP2. I
use Bluetooth mobile phone to transafer / sync data with PC. Fo this job I
use "BlueSoleilv1.6.1" drivers. Also My SP 1 PC has MS Bluetooth Stack
"bt_stack_rtm.exe" installed.

Can any one tell me If the MS version of Bluetooth is BEST or the Driver
that I use BlueSoleilv is BEST in XP ?

Thanks
Prabhat

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Prabhat,

Windows XP's Bluetooth is tested with most of the blue tooth devices. By
updating to SP2 you will not only enjoy the additional features of Windows
XP but will also experience no compatibility issues. You will also get
updates frequently depending on the issue where your Bluetooth manufacturer
may not release them

"Prabhat" <not_a_mail@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I use Win-XP with SP1 in One of my PC and other PC has Win-XP with SP2. I
> use Bluetooth mobile phone to transafer / sync data with PC. Fo this job I
> use "BlueSoleilv1.6.1" drivers. Also My SP 1 PC has MS Bluetooth Stack
> "bt_stack_rtm.exe" installed.
>
> Can any one tell me If the MS version of Bluetooth is BEST or the Driver
> that I use BlueSoleilv is BEST in XP ?
>
> Thanks
> Prabhat

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Hi Jony,

I think you are right. I should Update my PC to Sp2 to get all the
Adavantages.

But I found the SP2 is very slow - as my friends says. Also Tested in many
PC and rolled back to SP1 with a 3rd party Firewall. Please suggest.

Thanks
Prabhat

"JonyBrv" <CatchMe(JonyBrv)@Microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Prabhat,
>
> Windows XP's Bluetooth is tested with most of the blue tooth devices. By
> updating to SP2 you will not only enjoy the additional features of Windows
> XP but will also experience no compatibility issues. You will also get
> updates frequently depending on the issue where your Bluetooth
manufacturer
> may not release them

Tim

Prabhat wrote:
> Hi Jony,
>
> I think you are right. I should Update my PC to Sp2 to get all the
> Adavantages.
>
> But I found the SP2 is very slow - as my friends says. Also Tested in many
> PC and rolled back to SP1 with a 3rd party Firewall. Please suggest.

No idea. But SP2 seemed to improve the speed of my system, not impair it.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Perhaps SP2 compatible drivers are needed from your hardware vendor?

Prabhat wrote:

> Hi Jony,
>
> I think you are right. I should Update my PC to Sp2 to get all the
> Adavantages.
>
> But I found the SP2 is very slow - as my friends says. Also Tested in many
> PC and rolled back to SP1 with a 3rd party Firewall. Please suggest.
>
> Thanks
> Prabhat
>
> "JonyBrv" <CatchMe(JonyBrv)@Microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
>>Prabhat,
>>
>>Windows XP's Bluetooth is tested with most of the blue tooth devices. By
>>updating to SP2 you will not only enjoy the additional features of Windows
>>XP but will also experience no compatibility issues. You will also get
>>updates frequently depending on the issue where your Bluetooth
>
> manufacturer
>
>>may not release them

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

What is ur PC config?

My PC is: -
AMD Athlon 2500+ (on NVIDIA NFORCE 2 Chipset MB)
256 MB Single Chanel DDR 333 MHZ
80 GB HDD - 7200 RPM (Boot and System Partition is NTFS)

I found this PC Slow down after SP2. My PC was XP SP2 Slipstreamed + Startup
Items : NAV 2005 + ZoneAlarm Firewall Latest version.

Also Softwares like VS.NET 2003, Photoshop CS, Flash MX, Dreamweaver MX,
Visual Studio 6.0 etc etc.

Thanks
Prabhat

> Perhaps SP2 compatible drivers are needed from your hardware vendor?

Hi Bob,

You meen to say the BT (Bluetooth) Driver? I have the latest Driver. If you
meen any other driver please clearify that.

Thanks
Prabhat

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

having rolled out out sp2 to many hindreds of computers with few if any
issues, I would suggest that it will be nav 2005 that is is affecting your
performance as it is a very bloated pice of software
--
there are no problems, just challenges

"Prabhat" wrote:

> What is ur PC config?
>
> My PC is: -
> AMD Athlon 2500+ (on NVIDIA NFORCE 2 Chipset MB)
> 256 MB Single Chanel DDR 333 MHZ
> 80 GB HDD - 7200 RPM (Boot and System Partition is NTFS)
>
> I found this PC Slow down after SP2. My PC was XP SP2 Slipstreamed + Startup
> Items : NAV 2005 + ZoneAlarm Firewall Latest version.
>
> Also Softwares like VS.NET 2003, Photoshop CS, Flash MX, Dreamweaver MX,
> Visual Studio 6.0 etc etc.
>
> Thanks
> Prabhat
>

> "Tim" <user@example.net> wrote in message
> > Prabhat wrote:
> > > Hi Jony,
> > >
> > > I think you are right. I should Update my PC to Sp2 to get all the
> > > Adavantages.
> > >
> > > But I found the SP2 is very slow - as my friends says. Also Tested in
> many
> > > PC and rolled back to SP1 with a 3rd party Firewall. Please suggest.
> >
> > No idea. But SP2 seemed to improve the speed of my system, not impair it.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

No, I was referring to your statement "SP2 slows down my computer".

Prabhat wrote:

> "Bob I" <birelan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>Perhaps SP2 compatible drivers are needed from your hardware vendor?
>

> Hi Bob,
>
> You meen to say the BT (Bluetooth) Driver? I have the latest Driver. If you
> meen any other driver please clearify that.
>
> Thanks
> Prabhat

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hi Steve,

Do you think AVG Prof. 7.x will be better option then NAV ?

Please Refer:
http://anti-virus-software-review.toptenreviews.com/?ttreng=1&ttrkey=avg+ant
ivirus

Thanks

"steve" <steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> having rolled out out sp2 to many hindreds of computers with few if any
> issues, I would suggest that it will be nav 2005 that is is affecting your
> performance as it is a very bloated pice of software
> --
> there are no problems, just challenges
>

> "Prabhat" wrote:
>
> > What is ur PC config?
> >
> > My PC is: -
> > AMD Athlon 2500+ (on NVIDIA NFORCE 2 Chipset MB)
> > 256 MB Single Chanel DDR 333 MHZ
> > 80 GB HDD - 7200 RPM (Boot and System Partition is NTFS)
> >
> > I found this PC Slow down after SP2. My PC was XP SP2 Slipstreamed +
Startup
> > Items : NAV 2005 + ZoneAlarm Firewall Latest version.
> >
> > Also Softwares like VS.NET 2003, Photoshop CS, Flash MX, Dreamweaver MX,
> > Visual Studio 6.0 etc etc.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Prabhat
> >

> > "Tim" <user@example.net> wrote in message

> > many
> > >
> > > No idea. But SP2 seemed to improve the speed of my system, not impair
it.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

OK.