Config. Hotmail to OE 6.0

My GMail is automatically moved directly to Local Folder In Box in my OE 6.0,
but with my Hotmail account I have to do it manually. How do I configure
Hotmail to do as GMail?

Mahalo.
5 answers Last reply
More about config hotmail

    I'm not sure if it can go into the local folders. Might be because it's a
    http-based (Account creation wizard settings)

    As well as that it seems that Microsoft have disabled the ability to use OE6
    for hotmail emails. When you try to add a hotmail account and download the
    folders there's an error message. If i remember correctly you can get this
    support by paying for hotmail (As IF, lol. I only got away with it cos it's
    been in there since before microsoft did this)

    Jayso

    "Putin" wrote:

    > My GMail is automatically moved directly to Local Folder In Box in my OE 6.0,
    > but with my Hotmail account I have to do it manually. How do I configure
    > Hotmail to do as GMail?
    >
    > Mahalo.

    Hi Jayso.
    I am paying for my Hotmail account, vs. the GMail account that is free!
    Also what does Synchronizing my folders mean?

    "Putin" <Putin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My GMail is automatically moved directly to Local Folder In Box in my OE
    > 6.0,
    > but with my Hotmail account I have to do it manually. How do I configure
    > Hotmail to do as GMail?
    >
    > Mahalo.

    Unlike POP3 mail, your Hotmail (HTTP) downloads to Hotmail-specific folders
    in OE. If you want to save Hotmail messages to Local folders, you must
    drag, Move or Copy them there.
    --
    OE6-specific newsgroup:

    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP

    Putin wrote:
    > My GMail is automatically moved directly to Local Folder In Box in my OE
    > 6.0, but with my Hotmail account I have to do it manually. How do I
    > configure Hotmail to do as GMail?
    >
    > Mahalo.

    synchronizing your folders means you download all of your messages that are
    currently on your email account, so you can view them offline

    --
    Jayso

    > Hi Jayso.
    > I am paying for my Hotmail account, vs. the GMail account that is free!
    > Also what does Synchronizing my folders mean?

Hotmail Configuration Gmail Windows XP