My GMail is automatically moved directly to Local Folder In Box in my OE 6.0,
but with my Hotmail account I have to do it manually. How do I configure
Hotmail to do as GMail?

Mahalo.

I'm not sure if it can go into the local folders. Might be because it's a
http-based (Account creation wizard settings)

As well as that it seems that Microsoft have disabled the ability to use OE6
for hotmail emails. When you try to add a hotmail account and download the
folders there's an error message. If i remember correctly you can get this
support by paying for hotmail (As IF, lol. I only got away with it cos it's
been in there since before microsoft did this)

Jayso

"Putin" wrote:

> My GMail is automatically moved directly to Local Folder In Box in my OE 6.0,
> but with my Hotmail account I have to do it manually. How do I configure
> Hotmail to do as GMail?
>
> Mahalo.

Hi Jayso.
I am paying for my Hotmail account, vs. the GMail account that is free!
Also what does Synchronizing my folders mean?

"Putin" <Putin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My GMail is automatically moved directly to Local Folder In Box in my OE
> 6.0,
> but with my Hotmail account I have to do it manually. How do I configure
> Hotmail to do as GMail?
>
> Mahalo.

Unlike POP3 mail, your Hotmail (HTTP) downloads to Hotmail-specific folders
in OE. If you want to save Hotmail messages to Local folders, you must
drag, Move or Copy them there.
--
OE6-specific newsgroup:

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP

Putin wrote:
> My GMail is automatically moved directly to Local Folder In Box in my OE
> 6.0, but with my Hotmail account I have to do it manually. How do I
> configure Hotmail to do as GMail?
>
> Mahalo.

synchronizing your folders means you download all of your messages that are
currently on your email account, so you can view them offline

--
Jayso