Sign in with
Your question

How to Create Install Disk for Win7

Last response: in Windows 7
August 19, 2012 2:53:58 AM

Hello, I bought a laptop in November of last year and it came with windows 7. I have since lost the disk, but my laptop is perfectly fine. However, I'm worried about the day when I need to wipe my laptop and start anew with it. Is there a way for me to create an install disk for Windows 7 using the software already installed on my laptop? Is this legal to do? If it isn't, then my apologies for creating a post on these forums.

Thank you.
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
August 19, 2012 4:49:23 AM

Firstly there is amost certainly a recovery partition on your HDD which can be used for restoring your laptop to Factory Settings.
Secondly, should your HDD fail then you can legally download Win 7 from here
http://forum.notebookreview.com/windows-os-software/604...

and burn it to a DVD

The instructions for Factory Restore can be found in your User Manual, usually hitting a Function key when you power on...
m
l
August 19, 2012 3:50:52 PM

I have the same problem he does and I have already downloaded the .ISO file and burned it on a DVD and booted it up on my computer ...its booting and it says "windows is loading files" and then the windows 7 logo appears and its "loading" but then after that goes to a blank screen with the cursor the only thing working....I am unfamiliar with using ISO files and not surely if improperly used it...do i need to extract the files first and then burn on to a DVD or did i do something else wrong?
m
l
Related resources
a b D Laptop
a c 395 $ Windows 7
August 19, 2012 3:52:21 PM

Where did you download the ISO from ?
m
l
a b D Laptop
a c 395 $ Windows 7
August 19, 2012 3:56:03 PM