Status
Not open for further replies.

Mechorpheus

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2008
Hi all, newbie here. :)

I recently purchased the system in my Sig and I'm very happy with it. My only concerns are to do with Powermizer. I'm running Windows XP x64 edition, and I cannot seem to make Powermizer go away completely. I disabled the options within the NVidia control panel, and this has no effect on Graphics performance while running on battery. I also tried the registry tweaks I found relating to windows vista, which worked perfectly on my previous 8600GT machine running windows Vista Business, but don't seem to make any difference under XP. The biggest issue is that if I start the unit on the battery, then plug in once the battery is drained, i have to actually restart windows to restore full performance, whereas on Vista with Powermizer active the performance level was totally dynamic.

I realize that the battery life really will be one half of 10 minutes if I can make this work, it's more so that I can cycle the battery a bit more without having to put up with crappy framerates while doing so.

Any light shedding would be much appreciated.

Mechorpheus

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2008
And I now realise I forgot to actually post my sig, and can't edit the post for some reason.

The system in quesiton is:

Dell XPS M1710, C2D T7400 @ 2.16GHz, 4gb DDR2 667MHz RAM, Geforce 7950GTX w/ 512MB GDDR3, 160GB 7200rpm HardDisk

Status
Not open for further replies.