A new problem, please help!

June 21, 2005 12:42:35 PM

I was mucking around with the My Documents folder under C:\Documents and
Settings\Robert Meek\My Documents" last night and I somehow screwed up the
way this works. Right now I've got that folder with a variety of
sub-folders beneath it, and that is as it should be. But I've also got a My
Documents folder with all the same sub-folders under "Desktop", which is
supposedly a set of shortcuts to the same under C:\Documents and
Settings...AND another one entitled "Robert Meek's Documents" beneath My
Computer, right next to Shared Documents which again has beneath it all the
same sub-directories. And this one according to it's prikperties dialog is
not a set of shortcuts, yet there is no way to delete the topmost folder.
Also any files I add or change in any of these is automatically updated in
the other two.
As I remember it there should only be one real folder entitled "My
Documents" under Documents and Settings, and one set of shortcuts to it and
it's sub-directories under my Desktop. But should the top shortcut folder
be entitled My documents or Robert Meek's Documents by default, and does it
belong under Desktop or My Computer? And how do I get rid of the extra set
of folders whether they are just shortcuts or actual folders?

--
from: Robert Meek dba "Tangentals Design"
e-mail: meekr@earthlink.net

More about : problem

Anonymous
June 21, 2005 2:11:25 PM

On the "desktop" it's "My Documents"
r-click Desktop, Properties, Desktop, Customize Desktop, enable/disable
Icon.

!