Home Networking Question

June 21, 2005 10:07:26 AM

I am adding a computer to my home network. All computers connect to the
internet and each other through a wireless router, and belong to the same
workgroup. All computers are Windows XP Pro SP2, except the new computer,
which is XP Home SP2. A Firewall is enabled on all computers--the Windows
firewall on the new computer, and Norton Worm Protection on the others.

If I run the Network Setup Wizard on the new computer, this completes
successfully. But after rebooting, when I select View Workgroup Computers in
Network tasks, I get a message saying that the workgroup is inaccessible.

Any suggestions? thanks Kevin
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 3:15:24 AM

I've found the same problem using Norton Internet Security 2004. Although i
use just an ADSL Modem with built-in router the process should be the same.

All you need to do is to allow the IP Addresses of your computers access to
your computer through your firewall (read below). This is easy in NIS 2004,
you just click personal firewall, click configure and go to home networking

To tell the truth, i have absolutely no idea what Norton Worm Protection is,
but i hope you can figure this out

--
Jayso

news:o vznuImdFHA.2420@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...