Harmless file blocked. What now?

June 21, 2005 5:12:42 PM

A friend of mine sent me a harmless AVI file from his camcorder over MSN
messenger. When I double clicked on this file, XP blocked access to it which
is ludicrious! I really wanted to see this video. What can I do now to
prevent this from happening?

Sim

More about : harmless file blocked

Anonymous
June 21, 2005 5:12:43 PM

Try "MSN messenger" setting/options/security!

DJSim wrote:

> A friend of mine sent me a harmless AVI file from his camcorder over MSN
> messenger. When I double clicked on this file, XP blocked access to it which
> is ludicrious! I really wanted to see this video. What can I do now to
> prevent this from happening?
>
> Sim

Anonymous
June 21, 2005 6:22:22 PM

Hi

Please see if the following article helps:

"To take ownership of a file or folder"

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups