Harmless file blocked. What now?

A friend of mine sent me a harmless AVI file from his camcorder over MSN
messenger. When I double clicked on this file, XP blocked access to it which
is ludicrious! I really wanted to see this video. What can I do now to
prevent this from happening?

Sim
2 answers Last reply
More about harmless file blocked

    Try "MSN messenger" setting/options/security!

    DJSim wrote:

    > A friend of mine sent me a harmless AVI file from his camcorder over MSN
    > messenger. When I double clicked on this file, XP blocked access to it which
    > is ludicrious! I really wanted to see this video. What can I do now to
    > prevent this from happening?
    >
    > Sim

    Hi

    Please see if the following article helps:

    "To take ownership of a file or folder"
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/acl_take_ownership.mspx

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "DJSim" <s_reynoldsNOSPAM@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
    >A friend of mine sent me a harmless AVI file from his camcorder over MSN
    >messenger. When I double clicked on this file, XP blocked access to it
    >which is ludicrious! I really wanted to see this video. What can I do now
    >to prevent this from happening?
    >
    > Sim

Windows XP