[SOLVED] Which hard drive do I need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheShandaNicole

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
I am planning on buying a 13 in. MacBook Pro very soon but I'm not sure which hard drive I need (250GB or 320GB). I am a college student majoring in Biology/Pre-Med. I enjoy photography but I don't take an insane amount or anything and I'm not a computer gamer so I was leaning toward the 250GB but I wanted input, please.
Thank you!

Solution
I disagree, you're going to use a lot more space than you plan on using now.

You're going to eventually be adding more software and files. There will always be new, larger applications, and a new operating system in the future. You'll probably accumulate more video files over time, including HD. Think of HD video pod casts related to school, or high res files of medical images. I feel an extra $50 is small price to pay for almost 30% greater capacity.

I would choose the smaller drive only if I already had larger external storage for all of my media and content files. Then that internal drive could just store the OS, applications and utilities.

wildwell

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2009
I disagree, you're going to use a lot more space than you plan on using now.

You're going to eventually be adding more software and files. There will always be new, larger applications, and a new operating system in the future. You'll probably accumulate more video files over time, including HD. Think of HD video pod casts related to school, or high res files of medical images. I feel an extra $50 is small price to pay for almost 30% greater capacity.

I would choose the smaller drive only if I already had larger external storage for all of my media and content files. Then that internal drive could just store the OS, applications and utilities.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.