Rooms won't open

No patch, program reinstall, system restore, re-addition of network adapter
works.
Windows lists the error as follows:

Faulting application lobby.exe, version 9.3.1980.1, faulting module
exthookdll, version 2.5.0.0, fault address 0x00001a22

Please help!

Hi,

"Hooked on Chess" <HookedonChess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| No patch, program reinstall, system restore, re-addition of network adapter
| works.
| Windows lists the error as follows:
|
| Faulting application lobby.exe, version 9.3.1980.1, faulting module
| exthookdll, version 2.5.0.0, fault address 0x00001a22
|
| Please help!

There's a specific newsgroup you can use for MSN Gaming Zone.

The Zone newsgroups are listed in the left side of this "Community
Newsgroups" windows under " PC Games" > "Game Zone"
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/newsReader.aspx?lang=en&cr=US&dg=microsoft.public.games.zone&sloc=en-us

However, while you're here... ;-)
To troubleshoot MSN Gaming Zone issues, try my website:

Can't get in? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/EnterRooms.html
Can't load game? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/java.html

Browser settings? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/IE.html

Can't install Zone? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/rezone.html
"Failed to Download" error: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ftd.html

Can't join or host game? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ftl.html
Lag / Disconnects? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/PortRoute.html

Blocked by a router? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/howto.html
Which ports to open? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ports.html

Please visit http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ for more of my pages! :)

MSN Gaming Zone also provides it's own current help pages
at: http://zone.msn.com/en/support/article/supporttoc.htm

Official support is provided by email to zmaster@microsoft.com

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions. :)

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

Hooked on Chess wrote:
> No patch, program reinstall, system restore, re-addition of network adapter
> works.
> Windows lists the error as follows:
>
> Faulting application lobby.exe, version 9.3.1980.1, faulting module
> exthookdll, version 2.5.0.0, fault address 0x00001a22
>
> Please help!

You have done well describing the error message and what you have tried
to resolve your problem, but I see no indication of what game you are
trying to play and what multiplayer server you are trying to use. It
probably wouldn't hurt to provide system specifications, operating
system version, firewall settings and version and DirectX version. Much
of this information can be viewed in the DirectX Diagnostic (included
with DirectX and many versions of Windows)after running the various
video accelerator, sound accelerator and multiplayer communications tests.

If you are attempting to use MSN Game Zone you might try inquiring in
the games.zone forum/newsgroup on the same site or news server this
thread is located on.

Robert:

Thanks for your response. I am trying to play Chess on Windows XP Home
Edition 2000 with a Pentium (R) 4. Even when I disable the Firewall nothing
works. When I enter the Registry, the Room file is missing. After I re-create
it, the file disappears again later. The patch created to replace the Room
file does not work. If you have any ideas I would appreciate them.