Rooms won't open

No patch, program reinstall, system restore, re-addition of network adapter
works.
Windows lists the error as follows:

Faulting application lobby.exe, version 9.3.1980.1, faulting module
exthookdll, version 2.5.0.0, fault address 0x00001a22

Please help!
3 answers Last reply
More about rooms open

    Hi,

    "Hooked on Chess" <HookedonChess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | No patch, program reinstall, system restore, re-addition of network adapter
    | works.
    | Windows lists the error as follows:
    |
    | Faulting application lobby.exe, version 9.3.1980.1, faulting module
    | exthookdll, version 2.5.0.0, fault address 0x00001a22
    |
    | Please help!

    There's a specific newsgroup you can use for MSN Gaming Zone.

    The Zone newsgroups are listed in the left side of this "Community
    Newsgroups" windows under " PC Games" > "Game Zone"
    http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/newsReader.aspx?lang=en&cr=US&dg=microsoft.public.games.zone&sloc=en-us

    However, while you're here... ;-)
    To troubleshoot MSN Gaming Zone issues, try my website:

    Can't get in? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/EnterRooms.html
    Can't load game? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/java.html

    Browser settings? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/IE.html

    Can't install Zone? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/rezone.html
    "Failed to Download" error: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ftd.html

    Can't join or host game? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ftl.html
    Lag / Disconnects? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/PortRoute.html

    Blocked by a router? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/howto.html
    Which ports to open? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ports.html

    Please visit http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ for more of my pages! :-)

    MSN Gaming Zone also provides it's own current help pages
    at: http://zone.msn.com/en/support/article/supporttoc.htm

    Official support is provided by email to zmaster@microsoft.com

    I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions. :-)

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    Hooked on Chess wrote:
    > No patch, program reinstall, system restore, re-addition of network adapter
    > works.
    > Windows lists the error as follows:
    >
    > Faulting application lobby.exe, version 9.3.1980.1, faulting module
    > exthookdll, version 2.5.0.0, fault address 0x00001a22
    >
    > Please help!

    You have done well describing the error message and what you have tried
    to resolve your problem, but I see no indication of what game you are
    trying to play and what multiplayer server you are trying to use. It
    probably wouldn't hurt to provide system specifications, operating
    system version, firewall settings and version and DirectX version. Much
    of this information can be viewed in the DirectX Diagnostic (included
    with DirectX and many versions of Windows)after running the various
    video accelerator, sound accelerator and multiplayer communications tests.

    If you are attempting to use MSN Game Zone you might try inquiring in
    the games.zone forum/newsgroup on the same site or news server this
    thread is located on.
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games (More info?)

    Robert:

    Thanks for your response. I am trying to play Chess on Windows XP Home
    Edition 2000 with a Pentium (R) 4. Even when I disable the Firewall nothing
    works. When I enter the Registry, the Room file is missing. After I re-create
    it, the file disappears again later. The patch created to replace the Room
    file does not work. If you have any ideas I would appreciate them.

    "RobertVA" wrote:

    > Hooked on Chess wrote:
    > > No patch, program reinstall, system restore, re-addition of network adapter
    > > works.
    > > Windows lists the error as follows:
    > >
    > > Faulting application lobby.exe, version 9.3.1980.1, faulting module
    > > exthookdll, version 2.5.0.0, fault address 0x00001a22
    > >
    > > Please help!
    >
    > You have done well describing the error message and what you have tried
    > to resolve your problem, but I see no indication of what game you are
    > trying to play and what multiplayer server you are trying to use. It
    > probably wouldn't hurt to provide system specifications, operating
    > system version, firewall settings and version and DirectX version. Much
    > of this information can be viewed in the DirectX Diagnostic (included
    > with DirectX and many versions of Windows)after running the various
    > video accelerator, sound accelerator and multiplayer communications tests.
    >
    > If you are attempting to use MSN Game Zone you might try inquiring in
    > the games.zone forum/newsgroup on the same site or news server this
    > thread is located on.

Games Microsoft System Restore Video Games