Win7 Nvidea update

number13

Distinguished
May 20, 2008
I just updated/hotfix my computer and I was checking out the optional updates and saw GTX260 Nvidea, did the update but can't find it in my list of updates, anyone with a Nvidea card see this, or know what it is about, did a search in the MSFT knowledge base and nothing came up

number13

Distinguished
May 20, 2008
last driver date of installation 1/11/2010 so it did not change my drivers, so try again, and please don't guess, I have searched and cannot find out anything at the KB base at MSFT
BTW, please read my post, it came from MSFT, they have never updated drivers in a Windows update, even though it's a option, I have never in 20 something years seen a Windows update drivers in a hotfix/patch/update

Actually, they did... I used to check for XP updates directly at the Windows Update site, and they regularly included updates for my hardware as well, including the GPU. I just never downloaded them, because I had no way to verify the version or where MS actually got the driver from.

number13

Distinguished
May 20, 2008
really, hmm, well the driver's in this machine are installed 1/11/2010, so I know it was not a driver update, I did see in several forums that they were having problem with W7 and GTX260+ w/1G mem, the card I am running, causing some problems, I have a Asus M/B and I have been fighting problems, CTD, BSOD's etc, but I manually set the memory to CAS 6 and it helped a lot, not perfect but better, my Gigabyte machine and my Dell laptop have no problems whatsoever, so I knew it was the hardware in this machine

number13

Distinguished
May 20, 2008
Sorry that I'm not following this, my computer updated the Nvidea 260 on the 11th of this month, and I have a retail copy, I realize this was for beta's but, I did an update, not listed in my update list, no record at MSFT, KB search has no hits, am I imagining things, good lord I hope not

One possibility is that MS updated the Nvidia driver version bundled with Windows 7. The retail version shipped with Forceware 180something installed, so maybe they have updated this to a newer version. This would explain why it was seen as a Windows update and did not affect your installed GPU driver.