installing XP O.S.

June 21, 2005 10:28:04 AM

I’m having problems with my operating system. I want to install a fresh copy
of it. Can you tell me or show me step by step documentation as to how to
partition my drive (or refer me to documentation as to how to do so), install
a clean copy of WXP from my Dell OEM Windows XP SP1a CD into the new, empty
partition, update everything necessary on it (note, again, I received the WXP
SP2 CD from Microsoft by mail a few days ago), transfer any files from my
current installed O.S. copy into this newly installed copy that I want to
install, and then delete this current (then old, once I do this) copy of my
O.S.? Are there any Microsoft documents about this? Would this be better
than just reinstalling the O.S. over the one I currently have in my computer?
Thank you. Ben J.

More about : installing

Anonymous
June 21, 2005 12:57:01 PM

te digo despues cuando anprenda inglespero tienes que formatear tu disco o
instalar
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 12:57:03 PM

look friend you have format your hard disk on ntfs file system and reinstall
your version of windows. The cd has the steps you must to do.
Related resources
June 21, 2005 1:49:16 PM

Dear Leonor: Where does this all mean (your answer)? Please explain it to
me; I don't understand it. Thank you. Ben J.

"Ben" wrote:

> I’m having problems with my operating system. I want to install a fresh copy
> of it. Can you tell me or show me step by step documentation as to how to
> partition my drive (or refer me to documentation as to how to do so), install
> a clean copy of WXP from my Dell OEM Windows XP SP1a CD into the new, empty
> partition, update everything necessary on it (note, again, I received the WXP
> SP2 CD from Microsoft by mail a few days ago), transfer any files from my
> current installed O.S. copy into this newly installed copy that I want to
> install, and then delete this current (then old, once I do this) copy of my
> O.S.? Are there any Microsoft documents about this? Would this be better
> than just reinstalling the O.S. over the one I currently have in my computer?
> Thank you. Ben J.
June 21, 2005 1:52:04 PM

"leonor" wrote:

> look friend you have format your hard disk on ntfs file system and reinstall
> your version of windows. The cd has the steps you must to do.

June 21, 2005 1:54:02 PM

Dear Rocio: I don't understand your answer. Can you please write it in
english, being that's what language I scrolled to in this Community? Thank
you. Ben J.

"rocio" wrote:

> te digo despues cuando anprenda inglespero tienes que formatear tu disco o
> instalar
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 4:12:55 PM

Ben wrote:
> I'm having problems with my operating system. I want to install a
> fresh copy of it. Can you tell me or show me step by step
> documentation as to how to partition my drive (or refer me to
> documentation as to how to do so), install a clean copy of WXP from
> my Dell OEM Windows XP SP1a CD into the new, empty partition, update
> everything necessary on it (note, again, I received the WXP SP2 CD
> from Microsoft by mail a few days ago), transfer any files from my
> current installed O.S. copy into this newly installed copy that I
> want to install, and then delete this current (then old, once I do
> this) copy of my O.S.? Are there any Microsoft documents about this?
> Would this be better than just reinstalling the O.S. over the one I
> currently have in my computer? Thank you. Ben J.

Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
June 21, 2005 4:12:56 PM

Dear Kurtrail: Thank you for your reference. I went to this web site. I
could not find anything where it talks about partitioning the hard drive of
my current computers' O.S.'s condition.

"kurttrail" wrote:

> Ben wrote:
> > I'm having problems with my operating system. I want to install a
> > fresh copy of it. Can you tell me or show me step by step
> > documentation as to how to partition my drive (or refer me to
> > documentation as to how to do so), install a clean copy of WXP from
> > my Dell OEM Windows XP SP1a CD into the new, empty partition, update
> > everything necessary on it (note, again, I received the WXP SP2 CD
> > from Microsoft by mail a few days ago), transfer any files from my
> > current installed O.S. copy into this newly installed copy that I
> > want to install, and then delete this current (then old, once I do
> > this) copy of my O.S.? Are there any Microsoft documents about this?
> > Would this be better than just reinstalling the O.S. over the one I
> > currently have in my computer? Thank you. Ben J.
>
> http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html
>
> --
> Peace!
> Kurt
> Self-anointed Moderator
> microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
> http://microscum.com/mscommunity
> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

Anonymous
June 21, 2005 5:23:06 PM

Ben wrote:

> "kurttrail" wrote:
>
>> Ben wrote:
>>> I'm having problems with my operating system. I want to install a
>>> fresh copy of it. Can you tell me or show me step by step
>>> documentation as to how to partition my drive (or refer me to
>>> documentation as to how to do so), install a clean copy of WXP from
>>> my Dell OEM Windows XP SP1a CD into the new, empty partition, update
>>> everything necessary on it (note, again, I received the WXP SP2 CD
>>> from Microsoft by mail a few days ago), transfer any files from my
>>> current installed O.S. copy into this newly installed copy that I
>>> want to install, and then delete this current (then old, once I do
>>> this) copy of my O.S.? Are there any Microsoft documents about
>>> this? Would this be better than just reinstalling the O.S. over the
>>> one I currently have in my computer? Thank you. Ben J.
>>
>> http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html
>>
> Dear Kurtrail: Thank you for your reference. I went to this web
> site. I could not find anything where it talks about partitioning
> the hard drive of my current computers' O.S.'s condition.

10b thru 11.

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
June 21, 2005 6:00:03 PM

Thank you so much for your help, Kurtrail. I do greatly appreciate it. I've
been going through a lot lately, and need my computer fixed the best way
feasibly possible; that's why I ask questions. I'm not a computer tech.
When I saw the article that you referred me to, there were so many links, I
get overwhelmed. It's a handicap I'm trying to work on. I've been polite in
all my posts, so I don't know why RA replied with such a nasty post. I've
been wroking very hard on my computer for months, and with my family and all,
it's been hard to do what's necessary to get it to work. I don't mean to
offend anyone, and don't know what RA's problem is (see his reply to my post
here), but I'm not at all what he implies with his message. Thank you again;
I appreciate so much you and all the techs on these Community groups for all
the help they've given me. Sincerely, Ben J.

"kurttrail" wrote:

> Ben wrote:

> >> http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html
> >>
> > Dear Kurtrail: Thank you for your reference. I went to this web
> > site. I could not find anything where it talks about partitioning
> > the hard drive of my current computers' O.S.'s condition.
>
> 10b thru 11.
>
> --
> Peace!
> Kurt
> Self-anointed Moderator
> microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
> http://microscum.com/mscommunity
> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

June 21, 2005 8:58:09 PM

Ben wrote:
> I'm having problems with my operating system. I want to install a fresh copy
> of it. Can you tell me or show me step by step documentation as to how to
> partition my drive (or refer me to documentation as to how to do so), install
> a clean copy of WXP from my Dell OEM Windows XP SP1a CD into the new, empty
> partition, update everything necessary on it (note, again, I received the WXP
> SP2 CD from Microsoft by mail a few days ago), transfer any files from my
> current installed O.S. copy into this newly installed copy that I want to
> install, and then delete this current (then old, once I do this) copy of my
> O.S.? Are there any Microsoft documents about this? Would this be better
> than just reinstalling the O.S. over the one I currently have in my computer?
> Thank you. Ben J.

John
June 21, 2005 8:58:10 PM

Thank you for your reference. I went to this web site. I
could not find anything where it talks about partitioning the hard drive of
my current computers' O.S.'s condition. Can you tell me under which heading
it talks specifically about this on the site? Thank you. Ben J.

"John" wrote:

> Ben wrote:
> > I’m having problems with my operating system. I want to install a fresh copy
> > of it. Can you tell me or show me step by step documentation as to how to
> > partition my drive (or refer me to documentation as to how to do so), install
> > a clean copy of WXP from my Dell OEM Windows XP SP1a CD into the new, empty
> > partition, update everything necessary on it (note, again, I received the WXP
> > SP2 CD from Microsoft by mail a few days ago), transfer any files from my
> > current installed O.S. copy into this newly installed copy that I want to
> > install, and then delete this current (then old, once I do this) copy of my
> > O.S.? Are there any Microsoft documents about this? Would this be better
> > than just reinstalling the O.S. over the one I currently have in my computer?
> > Thank you. Ben J.
>

> http://michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html
>
> John

June 21, 2005 8:58:10 PM

Kurtrail answered my last post; you don't have to answer it. Thank you. Ben

"John" wrote:

> Ben wrote:
> > I’m having problems with my operating system. I want to install a fresh copy
> > of it. Can you tell me or show me step by step documentation as to how to
> > partition my drive (or refer me to documentation as to how to do so), install
> > a clean copy of WXP from my Dell OEM Windows XP SP1a CD into the new, empty
> > partition, update everything necessary on it (note, again, I received the WXP
> > SP2 CD from Microsoft by mail a few days ago), transfer any files from my
> > current installed O.S. copy into this newly installed copy that I want to
> > install, and then delete this current (then old, once I do this) copy of my
> > O.S.? Are there any Microsoft documents about this? Would this be better
> > than just reinstalling the O.S. over the one I currently have in my computer?
> > Thank you. Ben J.
>

> http://michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html
>
> John

June 21, 2005 8:58:10 PM

Dear John: Thank you so much for your help. I do greatly appreciate it.
Kurtrail gave me the location of the information in your reference that I was
looking for. I've also been going through a lot lately, and need my computer

"John" wrote:

> Ben wrote:
> > I’m having problems with my operating system. I want to install a fresh copy
> > of it. Can you tell me or show me step by step documentation as to how to
> > partition my drive (or refer me to documentation as to how to do so), install
> > a clean copy of WXP from my Dell OEM Windows XP SP1a CD into the new, empty
> > partition, update everything necessary on it (note, again, I received the WXP
> > SP2 CD from Microsoft by mail a few days ago), transfer any files from my
> > current installed O.S. copy into this newly installed copy that I want to
> > install, and then delete this current (then old, once I do this) copy of my
> > O.S.? Are there any Microsoft documents about this? Would this be better
> > than just reinstalling the O.S. over the one I currently have in my computer?
> > Thank you. Ben J.
>

> http://michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html
>
> John

Anonymous
June 21, 2005 8:58:11 PM

Ben wrote:
> Thank you for your reference. I went to this web site. I
> could not find anything where it talks about partitioning the hard
> drive of my current computers' O.S.'s condition. Can you tell me
> under which heading it talks specifically about this on the site?
> Thank you. Ben J.

You have NOT read the information on the web site. It has everything you
need to know in order to do what you want to do. If you had read it you
would see that partitioning is covered quite clearly under number 10 in
Steps to Clean Install XP. There is nowhere else you will get better
instructions. Both Kurttrail and John gave you the exact location in a link.
Now get reading and quit asking others to do it for you.
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 8:58:11 PM

Ben wrote:
> Dear John: Thank you so much for your help. I do greatly appreciate
> it. Kurtrail gave me the location of the information in your
> reference that I was looking for. I've also been going through a lot
> lately, and need my computer fixed the best way feasibly possible;
> that's why I ask questions. I'm not a computer tech. When I saw the
> article that you referred me to, there were so many links, I get
> overwhelmed. It's a handicap I'm trying to work on. I've been
> polite in all my posts, so I don't know why RA replied with such a
> nasty post. I've been wroking very hard on my computer for months,
> and with my family and all, it's been hard to do what's necessary to
> get it to work. I don't mean to offend anyone, and don't know what
> RA's problem is (see his reply to my post here), but I'm not at all
> what he implies with his message. Thank you again; I appreciate so
> much you and all the techs on these Community groups for all the help
> they've given me. Sincerely, Ben J.

I apologise for appearing nasty. I am usually a very patient person. I am
sorry that I was short with you but you were getting excellent advice over
and over and not following it and I was trying to get your attention. I
understand how difficult it gets to concentrate when things aren't working
well. Sometimes you need to slow down and take a deep breath and try to
focus on what you need to do. I also will try to follow my own advice in
that area so that I am not accused of trying to replace Miss PT now that
she is dumping her pc and going over to the Mac side.
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 10:33:06 PM

RA wrote:
> Ben wrote:
>> Dear John: Thank you so much for your help. I do greatly appreciate
>> it. Kurtrail gave me the location of the information in your
>> reference that I was looking for. I've also been going through a lot
>> lately, and need my computer fixed the best way feasibly possible;
>> that's why I ask questions. I'm not a computer tech. When I saw the
>> article that you referred me to, there were so many links, I get
>> overwhelmed. It's a handicap I'm trying to work on. I've been
>> polite in all my posts, so I don't know why RA replied with such a
>> nasty post. I've been wroking very hard on my computer for months,
>> and with my family and all, it's been hard to do what's necessary to
>> get it to work. I don't mean to offend anyone, and don't know what
>> RA's problem is (see his reply to my post here), but I'm not at all
>> what he implies with his message. Thank you again; I appreciate so
>> much you and all the techs on these Community groups for all the help
>> they've given me. Sincerely, Ben J.
>>

> I apologise for appearing nasty. I am usually a very patient person.
> I am sorry that I was short with you but you were getting excellent
> advice over and over and not following it and I was trying to get
> your attention. I understand how difficult it gets to concentrate
> when things aren't working well. Sometimes you need to slow down and
> take a deep breath and try to focus on what you need to do. I also
> will try to follow my own advice in that area so that I am not
> accused of trying to replace Miss PT now that she is dumping her pc
> and going over to the Mac side.

Is that true about the Tick going to Mac?

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 3:36:12 AM

RA wrote:
> Ben wrote:
>> Dear John: Thank you so much for your help. I do greatly appreciate
>> it. Kurtrail gave me the location of the information in your
>> reference that I was looking for. I've also been going through a lot
>> lately, and need my computer fixed the best way feasibly possible;
>> that's why I ask questions. I'm not a computer tech. When I saw the
>> article that you referred me to, there were so many links, I get
>> overwhelmed. It's a handicap I'm trying to work on. I've been
>> polite in all my posts, so I don't know why RA replied with such a
>> nasty post. I've been wroking very hard on my computer for months,
>> and with my family and all, it's been hard to do what's necessary to
>> get it to work. I don't mean to offend anyone, and don't know what
>> RA's problem is (see his reply to my post here), but I'm not at all
>> what he implies with his message. Thank you again; I appreciate so
>> much you and all the techs on these Community groups for all the help
>> they've given me. Sincerely, Ben J.
>>

> I apologise for appearing nasty. I am usually a very patient person.
> I am sorry that I was short with you but you were getting excellent
> advice over and over and not following it and I was trying to get
> your attention. I understand how difficult it gets to concentrate
> when things aren't working well. Sometimes you need to slow down and
> take a deep breath and try to focus on what you need to do. I also
> will try to follow my own advice in that area so that I am not
> accused of trying to replace Miss PT now that she is dumping her pc
> and going over to the Mac side.

Word travels faster than a greased pig round here, dunnit? But you don't
have to worry, I might be selling my PC, but I shan't be disappearing
altogether. I still have another PC. ;o)
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 3:36:13 AM

Great, now you can test your annoying personality and ignorance on a whole
new group of people. I feel sorry for them.

> RA wrote:
>> Ben wrote:
>>> Dear John: Thank you so much for your help. I do greatly appreciate
>>> it. Kurtrail gave me the location of the information in your
>>> reference that I was looking for. I've also been going through a lot
>>> lately, and need my computer fixed the best way feasibly possible;
>>> that's why I ask questions. I'm not a computer tech. When I saw the
>>> article that you referred me to, there were so many links, I get
>>> overwhelmed. It's a handicap I'm trying to work on. I've been
>>> polite in all my posts, so I don't know why RA replied with such a
>>> nasty post. I've been wroking very hard on my computer for months,
>>> and with my family and all, it's been hard to do what's necessary to
>>> get it to work. I don't mean to offend anyone, and don't know what
>>> RA's problem is (see his reply to my post here), but I'm not at all
>>> what he implies with his message. Thank you again; I appreciate so
>>> much you and all the techs on these Community groups for all the help
>>> they've given me. Sincerely, Ben J.
>>>

>> I apologise for appearing nasty. I am usually a very patient person.
>> I am sorry that I was short with you but you were getting excellent
>> advice over and over and not following it and I was trying to get
>> your attention. I understand how difficult it gets to concentrate
>> when things aren't working well. Sometimes you need to slow down and
>> take a deep breath and try to focus on what you need to do. I also
>> will try to follow my own advice in that area so that I am not
>> accused of trying to replace Miss PT now that she is dumping her pc
>> and going over to the Mac side.
>
> Word travels faster than a greased pig round here, dunnit? But you don't
> have to worry, I might be selling my PC, but I shan't be disappearing
> altogether. I still have another PC. ;o)

June 22, 2005 11:55:10 AM

Greetings:

1) To Kurttrail: I posted a message to you basically the same as I posted to
John; it was a thank you message; I hope you received it;

2) To RA: Apology accepted; I just saw all the links in the Table of
Contents in the left column, and I simply could not find the specific part I
was looking for regarding partitioning;

3) To all: I didn't mean to start anything here; I was just humbly asking a
question to aid me in fixing my computer; I'm sorry if I did; it was not
intentional; I hope everyone in this community has everything going them for
them well continually.

Thank you. Ben J.

"Ben" wrote:

> I’m having problems with my operating system. I want to install a fresh copy
> of it. Can you tell me or show me step by step documentation as to how to
> partition my drive (or refer me to documentation as to how to do so), install
> a clean copy of WXP from my Dell OEM Windows XP SP1a CD into the new, empty
> partition, update everything necessary on it (note, again, I received the WXP
> SP2 CD from Microsoft by mail a few days ago), transfer any files from my
> current installed O.S. copy into this newly installed copy that I want to
> install, and then delete this current (then old, once I do this) copy of my
> O.S.? Are there any Microsoft documents about this? Would this be better
> than just reinstalling the O.S. over the one I currently have in my computer?
> Thank you. Ben J.
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 3:37:04 PM

Ben wrote:
> Thank you so much for your help, Kurtrail. I do greatly appreciate
> it. I've been going through a lot lately, and need my computer fixed
> the best way feasibly possible; that's why I ask questions. I'm not
> a computer tech. When I saw the article that you referred me to,
> there were so many links, I get overwhelmed. It's a handicap I'm
> trying to work on. I've been polite in all my posts, so I don't know
> why RA replied with such a nasty post. I've been wroking very hard
> on my computer for months, and with my family and all, it's been hard
> to do what's necessary to get it to work. I don't mean to offend
> anyone, and don't know what RA's problem is (see his reply to my post
> here), but I'm not at all what he implies with his message. Thank
> you again; I appreciate so much you and all the techs on these
> Community groups for all the help they've given me. Sincerely, Ben
> J.

You're Welcome.

But to be honest, I almost reamed you a new one like RA. It is expected
that you have to try to help yourself to, and reading the link provided
before asking further questions would be the minimum requirement in
helping yourself out. The people that help out here are just
volunteering their time, and its a shame when people seem to be wasting
that time, that could have been spent helping someone else.

Good luck. And remember to backup, backup, and backup!

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 4:17:19 PM

: RA wrote:
: > Ben wrote:
[...]
: >>
: >
: >
: >
:
: Is that true about the Tick going to Mac?
:
: --
: Peace!
: Kurt
: Self-anointed Moderator
: microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
: http://microscum.com/mscommunity
: "Trustworthy Computing" is only another example of an Oxymoron!
: "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
:
See recent posting in publisher group "This will please everybody
(especially Mary)".

Me too

:
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 6:38:43 PM

PLL wrote:
> Great, now you can test your annoying personality and ignorance on a
> whole new group of people. I feel sorry for them.

Actually, the founder of said group is my boyfriend. And I don't see what
you mean by "ignorance" - if being intolerant of morons makes me ingnorant
then, yes, I'm ignorant.
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 3:45:55 AM

boyfriend - tell us more. Don't hold out.

"Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message news:HRdue.13740$Kt2.51@fe07.highwinds-media.phx...
> PLL wrote:
>> Great, now you can test your annoying personality and ignorance on a
>> whole new group of people. I feel sorry for them.
>
> Actually, the founder of said group is my boyfriend. And I don't see what
> you mean by "ignorance" - if being intolerant of morons makes me ingnorant
> then, yes, I'm ignorant.

Anonymous
June 23, 2005 12:24:41 PM

: PLL wrote:
: > Great, now you can test your annoying personality and ignorance on a
: > whole new group of people. I feel sorry for them.
:
: Actually, the founder of said group is my boyfriend. And I don't see what
: you mean by "ignorance" - if being intolerant of morons makes me ingnorant
: then, yes, I'm ignorant.
:
:
Do you RTFM together? Or do you just (g)oogle each other?
!