Error Deleting File or Folder in Recycle Bin

June 21, 2005 12:21:04 PM

After migrating my win xp pro system to a bigger hard drive using the Western
Digital tools, everytime I try to empty the Recycle Bin, an error dialog pops
up stating Error Deleting File or Folder: Access Denied...
When I explore the Recycle Bin folder, it's empty.
Then I try to empty the Recycle Bin again. The same message appears.

Help...
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 9:42:31 PM

Check at Kelly's http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm Select
R and scroll to Recycle Bin.

And take a look here
http://www.google.com/search?biw=779&hl=en&q=Recycle+Bi...

"willchow" <willchow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After migrating my win xp pro system to a bigger hard drive using the
> Western
> Digital tools, everytime I try to empty the Recycle Bin, an error dialog
> pops
> up stating Error Deleting File or Folder: Access Denied...
> When I explore the Recycle Bin folder, it's empty.
> Then I try to empty the Recycle Bin again. The same message appears.
>
> Help...

Anonymous
July 1, 2005 11:16:04 AM

Thanks, but nothing was a solution to my problem

Is there a way to clear or reset the recycle bin from the registry

"Rich Barry" wrote:

> Check at Kelly's http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm Select
> R and scroll to Recycle Bin.
>
> And take a look here
> http://www.google.com/search?biw=779&hl=en&q=Recycle+Bi...
>
> "willchow" <willchow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > After migrating my win xp pro system to a bigger hard drive using the
> > Western
> > Digital tools, everytime I try to empty the Recycle Bin, an error dialog
> > pops
> > up stating Error Deleting File or Folder: Access Denied...
> > When I explore the Recycle Bin folder, it's empty.
> > Then I try to empty the Recycle Bin again. The same message appears.
> >
> > Help...

Related resources
July 4, 2005 2:22:50 PM

willchow wrote on Fri, 1 Jul 2005:

>Thanks, but nothing was a solution to my problem
>
>Is there a way to clear or reset the recycle bin from the registry

Hi willchow

You could try following the instructions in this post

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.wi...

Hope this helps.
--
Nightowl
August 9, 2009 8:56:56 PM

You may have a corruption in Windows and before going to worse case scenario here are a few tips:

1- Delete and create a user profile just to see if the new profile creation let's us write to the recycle bin registry and let's us save delete and recover data in and out of the recycle bin.

2- Repair the entire OS (Operating System), remember that repairing Windows goes over and beyond
with the entire registry and all faulty keys will be repaired.

3- Installa the entire OS (remeber to blow the partition and do not partition on (Quick) mode.

I hope this helps which I know that will as these are the possible restoration solutions\

Cheers,

Ed Puchot
A+ Net+ MCSA MCSE MCT CCNA MCITP-EA
Senior Systems Engineer
Microsoft Solutions Architect
Independant consultant Co-Founder of Techknowlogix
United States
!