Greetings to all, and thanks in advance for any help...

I recently created a custom toolbar pointing to a folder on my root
directory, and had it docked across the top of my desktop. After
recently uninstalling the MSN Search toolbar, I got a popup that a
registry key was being deleted. I assumed it to be the MSN Search
toolbar, so I clicked "Allow Change". Now the MSN Search toolbar is
gone (good), but so is my custom toolbar (bad).

The problem is, I can recreate the toolbar with no problem, but I
can't move it anywhere. It stays locked into the taskbar on the bottom
of my screen. I've checked, unchecked, rechecked...I don't know how
many times...the "Lock The Toolbars" to make sure they were unlocked,
but I simply cannot relocate my custom toolbar to the top of the
screen like I want it.

I've searched all the threads here, and found a couple that were
similar, but none that answered my question. I'm hoping someone can
tell me how to fix this problem. I really need my toolbar across the
top of my screen.

Again, thanks in advance for your assistance.

Steve

scout1024

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
Had the same problem and found the solution....
Right click on your toolbar until you get the "move" mouse pointer and then use that to move the toolbar where you want.