favorite gadget

August 26, 2004 2:24:12 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops (More info?)

What's your favorite gadget?

At the moment, I can narrow it down to:

Treo 600 (Favorite palm/phone ever)
Tom Tom Go (Helps avoid arguments with the wife)
Roomba Discovery (a robot vacuum is too cool. Also helps avoid arguments
with the wife)
iPod (Life needs a soundtrack)

My wife says I have too many, but I think I need more.

More about : favorite gadget

August 26, 2004 2:43:09 AM

"Scott Horton" <ScottHorton22delete@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> What's your favorite gadget?
>
> At the moment, I can narrow it down to:
>
> Treo 600 (Favorite palm/phone ever)
> Tom Tom Go (Helps avoid arguments with the wife)
> Roomba Discovery (a robot vacuum is too cool. Also helps avoid arguments
> with the wife)
> iPod (Life needs a soundtrack)
>
> My wife says I have too many, but I think I need more.

Hard to narrow it down to just one, eh? In no particular order:

Dell DJ15 MP3 Player
Magellan SporTrak Pro GPS Receiver
Sony Clie TJ37 PDA
HP850 Photosmart digital camera
Delphi XM Radio receiver in my truck

Honorable mentions:
Texas Instruments TI-89 calculator
HP 100 4x6 Photo Printer

--
Malcolm
Anonymous

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops (More info?)

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 22:24:12 GMT, Scott Horton
<ScottHorton22delete@yahoo.com> wrote:

>What's your favorite gadget?
>
>At the moment, I can narrow it down to:
>
>Treo 600 (Favorite palm/phone ever)
>Tom Tom Go (Helps avoid arguments with the wife)
>Roomba Discovery (a robot vacuum is too cool. Also helps avoid arguments
>with the wife)
>iPod (Life needs a soundtrack)
>
>My wife says I have too many, but I think I need more.

1.) Leatherman "Juice" pocket knife.
2.) Garmin RINO 120 GPS/Radio.
3.) Home-made crossbow.
4.) Cheap little Virgin Mobile cell phone. (Audiovox CDM-8500VM)
5.) Sony Mini disk player/recorder.
(My soundtrack is a cross between Ozric Tenticles, Rush, and the theme
from The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. :)
6.) TV remote shaped like a Next Generation Phaser gun.
7.) And last I will list, thou the list could go on, my 10" Ryobi
miter box saw.

And I too would like more gadgets, but the unemployed don't get new
toys.
Related resources
August 26, 2004 4:49:18 AM

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 22:24:12 GMT, Scott Horton wrote:

> Roomba Discovery (a robot vacuum is too cool. Also helps
> avoid arguments with the wife)

It's that loud?

> My wife says I have too many, but I think I need more.

Let us know how it goes, divorce or bigamy. :)
Anonymous
August 26, 2004 9:38:46 AM

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 22:24:12 GMT, Scott Horton <ScottHorton22delete@yahoo.com>
spewed forth these words of wisdom:

>What's your favorite gadget?

40GB iPod
Palm Zire 71
Toshiba VM 4050 cell phone

Galley
Anonymous
August 26, 2004 10:27:21 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops (More info?)

"Scott Horton" <ScottHorton22delete@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> What's your favorite gadget?

A toss-up:

Door for trailer
Pickup truck in the yard
Cap that holds two beers
Yankees t-shirt
Tungsten E
Anonymous
August 26, 2004 11:52:47 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops (More info?)

My favourite gadget is my Treo 600. The digital camera which isn't that
great by today's standards just gets used when I go on vacation. A close
runner up to my Treo 600 is my DVD recorder.

"Peter Franks" <hazard53@mailcan.removethis.com> wrote in message

> "Scott Horton" <ScottHorton22delete@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > What's your favorite gadget?
> >

> A toss-up:
>
> Door for trailer
> Pickup truck in the yard
> Cap that holds two beers
> Yankees t-shirt
> Tungsten E

Anonymous
August 26, 2004 2:52:57 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops (More info?)

Scott Horton <ScottHorton22delete@yahoo.com> wrote:
> What's your favorite gadget?

Probably the faucet, closely followed by the flushing toilet.

Oh, you don't mean ubiquitous gadgets? Then it would be my HP-41CV.

--
*Art
Anonymous

"Arthur Hagen" <art@broomstick.com> wrote in message news:<cgktg9$8pa$1@cauldron.broomstick.com>...
> Scott Horton <ScottHorton22delete@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > What's your favorite gadget?
>
> Probably the faucet, closely followed by the flushing toilet.
>
> Oh, you don't mean ubiquitous gadgets? Then it would be my HP-41CV.

1. SonyEricsson p900
2. Sony VAIO S series
3. Apple mini-ipod (silver)
4. SonyEricsson BlueTooth HeadSet
Anonymous
August 27, 2004 1:05:08 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops (More info?)

In article <gk8Xc.3338$wb1.649@newssvr16.news.prodigy.com>,
ScottHorton22delete@yahoo.com says...
> What's your favorite gadget?
>
> At the moment, I can narrow it down to:
>
> Treo 600 (Favorite palm/phone ever)
> Tom Tom Go (Helps avoid arguments with the wife)
> Roomba Discovery (a robot vacuum is too cool. Also helps avoid arguments
> with the wife)
> iPod (Life needs a soundtrack)
>
> My wife says I have too many, but I think I need more.

My newest toy is an iPod. Next on my "to purchase" list is probably the
Roomba. I don't have a GPS system, but now you've got me thinking about
Tom Tom.
August 27, 2004 4:07:23 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops (More info?)

RE/
>What's your favorite gadget?
>
>At the moment

Austrian-style scythe....but only for the moment.

I'm sure it'll get old in a few months...
--
PeteCresswell
August 27, 2004 8:10:26 PM

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 06:27:21 -0400, "Peter Franks"
<hazard53@mailcan.removethis.com> waived the right to be silent and
professed:

>"Scott Horton" <ScottHorton22delete@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> What's your favorite gadget?
>>

>A toss-up:
>
>Door for trailer
>Pickup truck in the yard
>Cap that holds two beers
>Yankees t-shirt
>Tungsten E

You forgot "TV remote control".

--
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
Anonymous

"Bruno" <insert@address.here> wrote in message
> On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 06:27:21 -0400, "Peter Franks"
> <hazard53@mailcan.removethis.com> waived the right to be silent and
> professed:
>

> >"Scott Horton" <ScottHorton22delete@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >> What's your favorite gadget?
> >>

> >A toss-up:
> >
> >Door for trailer
> >Pickup truck in the yard
> >Cap that holds two beers
> >Yankees t-shirt
> >Tungsten E
> >

> You forgot "TV remote control".

Hehehehe. I like the picture I painted, someone living in those conditions
making a handheld a priority.

> --
> Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
Anonymous
August 28, 2004 8:25:58 AM

Peter Franks wrote:
> "Bruno" <insert@address.here> wrote in message
>>On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 06:27:21 -0400, "Peter Franks"
>><hazard53@mailcan.removethis.com> waived the right to be silent and
>>professed:

>>>Door for trailer
>>>Pickup truck in the yard
>>>Cap that holds two beers
>>>Yankees t-shirt
>>>Tungsten E

>>You forgot "TV remote control".

> Hehehehe. I like the picture I painted, someone living in those conditions
> making a handheld a priority.

9 times out of 10, people are living in those kind of conditions because
they have a habit of making all kinds of wacky things into a priority...

- Logan
Anonymous
August 28, 2004 3:39:13 PM

"Logan Shaw" <lshaw-usenet@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
> Peter Franks wrote:
> > "Bruno" <insert@address.here> wrote in message
> >>On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 06:27:21 -0400, "Peter Franks"
> >><hazard53@mailcan.removethis.com> waived the right to be silent and
> >>professed:

> >>You forgot "TV remote control".
>
> > Hehehehe. I like the picture I painted, someone living in those
conditions
> > making a handheld a priority.
>
> 9 times out of 10, people are living in those kind of conditions because
> they have a habit of making all kinds of wacky things into a priority...
>
> - Logan

Very true. I could name a few.
Anonymous
August 29, 2004 1:00:55 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops (More info?)

Scott Horton <ScottHorton22delete@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<gk8Xc.3338$wb1.649@newssvr16.news.prodigy.com>...
> What's your favorite gadget?
>
> At the moment, I can narrow it down to:

- HP iPaq h2210 with its HP 3600mAh extended battery; having been a
Palm user for years I bought it out of curiosity and the extended
battery kept me with it.
- A computer I built myself that I'm using now. I made it just the way
I want it and can add to it or change components as I need.
- A Polar M61 Heart Rate Monitor for exercise. When I use it regularly
I feel better, eat better, sleep better... etc. Of all my gadgets this
is the one that's most likely to add years to my life and life to my
years. I use it with a Carl Lewis Aerobic Rider. (Riders and Rowing
machines are the best, IMHO, most challenging - toughest - whole body
exercise yet the least chance of injury)
- Logitech Pocket Video 550. I use it to keep a video diary, and I
like it that much that I got another one, to keep aside and use when
my unit stops working, once I found out they got discontinued.
- Petzl Tikka Plus or Durastar Sunway LED headlights. I wear one of
these for reading and they're the best thing ever; focused and very
sufficient but evenly diffuse and soft light. In fact, I use them for
more than just reading; most of my activities at night in fact, since
something about harsh conventional lighting makes me jittery.
- Uniross sprint 1-2hrs charger, uniross 2300mAh AA batteries and
750mAh AAA batteries, got over a dozen of each. I made sure most of my
devices use AA or AAA batteries.
Anonymous
September 6, 2004 4:18:59 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops (More info?)

Ctrl+Alt+Del !! :-)

"Mike Henley" <casioculture@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Scott Horton <ScottHorton22delete@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > What's your favorite gadget?
> >
> > At the moment, I can narrow it down to:
> >

> - HP iPaq h2210 with its HP 3600mAh extended battery; having been a
> Palm user for years I bought it out of curiosity and the extended
> battery kept me with it.
> - A computer I built myself that I'm using now. I made it just the way
> I want it and can add to it or change components as I need.
> - A Polar M61 Heart Rate Monitor for exercise. When I use it regularly
> I feel better, eat better, sleep better... etc. Of all my gadgets this
> is the one that's most likely to add years to my life and life to my
> years. I use it with a Carl Lewis Aerobic Rider. (Riders and Rowing
> machines are the best, IMHO, most challenging - toughest - whole body
> exercise yet the least chance of injury)
> - Logitech Pocket Video 550. I use it to keep a video diary, and I
> like it that much that I got another one, to keep aside and use when
> my unit stops working, once I found out they got discontinued.
> - Petzl Tikka Plus or Durastar Sunway LED headlights. I wear one of
> these for reading and they're the best thing ever; focused and very
> sufficient but evenly diffuse and soft light. In fact, I use them for
> more than just reading; most of my activities at night in fact, since
> something about harsh conventional lighting makes me jittery.
> - Uniross sprint 1-2hrs charger, uniross 2300mAh AA batteries and
> 750mAh AAA batteries, got over a dozen of each. I made sure most of my
> devices use AA or AAA batteries.
Anonymous
September 6, 2004 4:19:00 AM

"Kevin I Chapple" <kevinx@NOTTHISBITearthling.net> wrote in message
> Ctrl+Alt+Del !! :-)

I consider that to be an essential utility rather than a gadget.

!