Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

How to get Windows Explorer to restore window size and pos..

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
June 21, 2005 2:05:08 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

What do I need to do to get Windows Explorer to save it's window size and
position every time it's opened?

When I first installed XP, Explorer always started up with the same window
size and coordinates that it had when it was shutdown. I must have screwed up
something, because now it usually starts up with the default small window.

Is there a registry key where Explorer stores its window coordinates?
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 10:09:16 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Hi

Drag the WE window to the size you want and also position it on the screen
where you want it. Then close WE via File>Close.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups


"Mick" <Mick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D 8DE1966-C69D-4183-8C09-9B05E5DF4330@microsoft.com...
> What do I need to do to get Windows Explorer to save it's window size and
> position every time it's opened?
>
> When I first installed XP, Explorer always started up with the same window
> size and coordinates that it had when it was shutdown. I must have screwed
> up
> something, because now it usually starts up with the default small window.
>
> Is there a registry key where Explorer stores its window coordinates?
>
June 22, 2005 2:28:01 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Sorry, but that didn't do the trick Will. I did as you said, but the window
re-opens with the default small window size and position.

Got any other ideas?

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Drag the WE window to the size you want and also position it on the screen
> where you want it. Then close WE via File>Close.
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>
>
> "Mick" <Mick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:D 8DE1966-C69D-4183-8C09-9B05E5DF4330@microsoft.com...
> > What do I need to do to get Windows Explorer to save it's window size and
> > position every time it's opened?
> >
> > When I first installed XP, Explorer always started up with the same window
> > size and coordinates that it had when it was shutdown. I must have screwed
> > up
> > something, because now it usually starts up with the default small window.
> >
> > Is there a registry key where Explorer stores its window coordinates?
> >
>
>
>
Related resources
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 11:48:14 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Hi

Not that I know of. Drag>Close/Exit works here every time. Sorry

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups


"Mick" <Mick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:42705E36-2292-4760-B37A-0CF919C82FFC@microsoft.com...
> Sorry, but that didn't do the trick Will. I did as you said, but the
> window
> re-opens with the default small window size and position.
>
> Got any other ideas?
>
> "Will Denny" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Drag the WE window to the size you want and also position it on the
>> screen
>> where you want it. Then close WE via File>Close.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>
>>
>> "Mick" <Mick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:D 8DE1966-C69D-4183-8C09-9B05E5DF4330@microsoft.com...
>> > What do I need to do to get Windows Explorer to save it's window size
>> > and
>> > position every time it's opened?
>> >
>> > When I first installed XP, Explorer always started up with the same
>> > window
>> > size and coordinates that it had when it was shutdown. I must have
>> > screwed
>> > up
>> > something, because now it usually starts up with the default small
>> > window.
>> >
>> > Is there a registry key where Explorer stores its window coordinates?
>> >
>>
>>
>>
October 23, 2009 9:25:17 PM

I relize this is an old post how ever after searching for a while I gave up and just started hitting different key combos. For me holding Ctrl+Shift while exiting the window worked. Another neat trick is to hold the windows key and hit E, which is a hot key for windows explorer. Hope this helps someone.
!